Thursday April 1. Check in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ownedbydogs

Thursday April 1. Check in

Post by ownedbydogs »

Happy April Fools day. Hope you all are not fooled today. Hardly slept last night. Stomach issues from eating chicken casserole with sour cream. Enjoyed it while I was eating it. Lol Buddy woke me up at 2 am, so decided to get up. Have a happy and safe day everyone.

mbrudnic

Re: Thursday April 1. Check in

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I, too, woke up a little after 2. I actually got out of bed and then decided to crawl back in and try and sleep more. Work was on my mind. I feel like a juggler who is dropping all the balls. I am off tomorrow for the funeral of my "cousin".

Have a great day,
Maggie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Slept in a bit this morning (okay a whole hour almost) and now will be playing catch up for most of the day. I did stay up a bit later reading my book which could be why.

Well Hubby had no reaction to his shot yesterday, so here is hoping that he has no reaction today or tomorrow. I then think we will be safe in that regard. He said the whole thing went like clockwork, hopefully the same thing occurs when it is my turn. I have all the papers he was given handy and will be ready to rebook as soon as they are taking 2nd bookings. He got the Moderna vaccine so I think that is what they are using in the smaller centers of the province.

Busy day ahead. Cookies to make, shopping to do, and a house to tidy up a little bit. I am then going to take it easy by doing some sewing. I will be needing to move the chair out of the living room and back to the dining room as well. I am not sure at what time the DS's will be home tomorrow, or if in fact the youngest will come home tonight. All I know is that I am super excited. The beginning of this day also brings me one day closer to the day I get my rescheduled jab. Oh happy day.

My computer and/or the forum is doing weird things. I actually wen from writing this into preview with out me seemingly press a thing. Yesterday it took me to draft somehow. Well at least I am not losing my posts.

The temperature is much better than yesterday and so as soon as I finish this I will either be off for a walk or waking Hubby up to go shopping (think I better walk first or go shopping myself) as I have nothing really heavy to purchase. Except coke, and coke zero, but there are ways of getting around that. I could send Hubby for those items later in the day.

Now I need to think of a title for this months no spend challenge, and I have an idea for a different approach to an old challenge. I just need to think it through a bit more. I will post both later and check in with all of you if anything exciting actually happens around here.

Supper tonight will be the leftover baked spaghetti.

Today I am grateful for the warmer weather to walk in.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is bbbrrr chilly. It is( 30 F) with a wind-chill ( 20 F). I had the furnace off and it was (54 F) inside this morning. It is suppose to warm up to around (46 F ) this morning.

Yesterday my neighbor started to cut down 4 trees in my front yard that have died. He is doing it for free. This is saving me at least $1,000.00. He said some of the wood can be used for firewood and some not. He will use what he can at his house for firewood the rest will be added slowly to my burn pile. I offered to pay him but he refused. He said he likes to do things to keep himself young. He is 65 and retired last year. His wife cuts my grass. They also let me bring my trash to their house. Yesterday this same man brought me about 25 lbs of deer meat to give to my brother. He use to be my brother's next door neighbor before my brother sold his farm and moved. They are wonderful neighbors.

Teddi is still not eating well. Had several days of throwing up in the morning but pecks at his RX food eating it in the late evening. He is back to eating his baby carrots. The vet said sometimes they hold out hoping to get something different to eat. He does enjoy going out and sniffing around and rolling around in the grass.

I have a curbside pick up with Walmart today. Other than that not much else planned.
Janet Alliesmama

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I gave my friend her Birthday present, a Tiny Ruth Bader Ginsburg and a very tiny tote bag. She loved it.

I have a dress wash in the washer. I hope to do more decluttering. I still have so much to do.

Penny

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Right now I am on hold with Revenue Canada with a question about capital losses. I have never had to claim any before, but Dh cashed in his precious metals investment at a loss. I have been on hold for one hour plus so they certainly don’t make it easy, but at least they play relaxing classical music. Sometimes you have to find a silver lining in everything! The good thing is that my taxes are complete. So two down and one to go! I do them the old fashioned way - pencil and paper. I don’t spend money on any electronic tax return tools like Turbo Tax, so must do all the mathematical calculations myself. We income split so that makes things a bit complicated too. But I have made it a goal to finish them by today so hopefully I will. Sometimes I can be very stubborn and determined.

It’s lovely and sunny outside but still cold and below freezing. But I will definitely get outside for a long walk to clear my head.

According to clean mama, today is floor washing day but I will defer that until tomorrow which is catch up day. I will be happy to just get the vacuuming done. We don’t really have plans for Easter. I will probably just make a roast chicken as that’s what I have in the freezer. I am making sweet and sour spare ribs tonight and have my mushroom barley stew as a vegetarian entree for myself. The spacing out of our grocery pick up orders is definitely saving us some money. As I mentioned before this hasn’t been voluntary, rather difficulty in booking a slot time. Dd2 will be happy to have tomorrow off work as a paid holiday. I think she also gets Monday off. She has worked a lot of overtime, so this will be much appreciated.

Wow! Finally got through to an agent after about an hour and 15 minutes wait time. I have the clarification I needed and am heading off for a walk.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative