Daily Check In Saturday April 3, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In Saturday April 3, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off. Back soon.

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In Saturday April 3, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I went to bed at 9:30 last night and slept right through until 7 this morning. I believe I am well rested. I plan on making coffee shortly and heading out for a walk.

It was lovely to sit outside for awhile yesterday and I hope to get to do so today as well. The birds were singing and the sun was shining. At least one DS is home and will be home for Easter. The oldest might be able to come home for a couple of days during the week, if the test he has today comes back negative. Hopefully it does, or the test know the difference between antibodies from a previous case and the disease itself. I do know there has been cases of people getting the virus a second time.

Today I just plan on walking and getting a few things prepared for our meal tomorrow. I will be taking out something to BBQ for tonight and making a tossed salad. Veggies will be done in tinfoil thus saving some cleanup.

The rest of the day will be knitting, reading and visiting. Hubby plans on having youngest DS help with the supposed fixing of the fridge water problem as well. I just hope they do not break it totally.

It is going to be a no spend day as well (unless they break my fridge). I will instead plan out my planters and get a rough idea of that cost. Could be high depending on how many I use (I am going to do a bit of container gardening for veggies as well so dirt will be the biggest expense by far I figure), or if I even have enough larger ones. Purchasing large containers is also an expensive proposition.

Not sure what supper will be tonight but I am leaning towards sausages.

Today I am grateful for sunny skies, warmer temperatures and even having just part of my family home.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning Jackie and all Frugal Friends. The sun is out in full force this morning but it is COLD. I did a "sleep in" until about 7:30 - but I was up in the 1:00 a.m. hour, not feeling well. Managed to be back to sleep by 2:00 and slept very well after that.

DD and I went to my brother's house last night to drop off birthday gifts for his granddaughter who turns 4 tomorrow. Her party is today and we can't attend - as my work policies prohibit anyone in my household from attending a gathering of more than 10 people - or else I have to quarantine/work from home for 10 days (even though I have had both vaccines). That is also why we can't attend Easter dinner at my parents house tomorrow.

My sister-in-law was implying that I could do whatever I want and just not be forthcoming about it - but that isn't how I roll - so - NO.

I just have "home stuff" to do today - some cleaning, laundry, maintenance, cooking. No need to go anyplace or spend any money. DD and I plan to walk one of my dogs (Hope) and her dog together - so that will be nice - after it warms up several more degrees.

Eleven surveys completed this morning - I'm done with that for today. Off to take on the day - Happy Easter to all.

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

up at 5am

We got a soundbar from bestbuy, paid $49.90 to have it installed, the guy who installed it put it so that it "blocked' the controls of the TV. Good grief. I even gave him a tip $20.00 Best buy is sending him back today (no charge) to move the sound bar so that I don't have to go up to the tv to use the remote for Dish or the TV. I won't give him a 2nd tip. Best Buy told me that he was a contractor, still no excuse for not making sure that I can use it . LOL I think that he is tring to get the last laugh on us, he called yesterday to say that he would be here at 7am, the window is 7am to 1pm

So here we are waiting, I walked the dogs in the dark. :roll:

So yesterday I had my Colonscopy and EGD, the EGD was a surprise, I had no idea, but much better to get both of them done at once.

LOL part of the questions that they ask are "do you know why you are here" LOL, my mind works diffently , I kept saying "because they told me to come and get the tests" LOL I realized later that they wanted my to say "to get the colonoscopy" LOL Good grief !!!

IC

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I am up....reluctantly as it felt so warm and cozy in bed :lol: I stayed up till 11 because I was watching The Golden Girls on TV. I just love that show and made the mistake of finding it on TV.

It is bright and sunny, windy and supposed to get warmer today, I sure hope so.

I am going to get my mac and cheese made today, ready to bake tomorrow for Easter dinner. I am looking forward to it. It is supposed to be nice weather so Easter egg hunt outside!

Usual house chores and hopefully some stick picking today.

JCKitty

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

It is a chilly morning (37 F) with a wind chill of( 30 F) but suppose to warm up nicely to around( 62 F) but with strong winds. The sun is out and lovely. I can still see the lake on the farm next door. The water is lovely with the sun bouncing off of the waves. In a few weeks the view will disappear when the trees all leaf out. Will not see the lake again until next Fall when the leaves fall. I love seeing and being around water if feeds my soul.

Yesterday while working on my computer some movement caught my eye in the woods. When I looked to see what it was, expecting a deer, it was a wild turkey.. It was huge. So big it looked like an emu. It stood about 2 to 2.5 tall! When I opened the utility room door to get a better look at it it made a U-Turn in my driveway and ran in to the pine trees and along the fence line back in to the woods. At one time they were almost wiped out in IL but sometime around 1970 they brought in wild turkeys from several other states and they are now numerous. Sometimes you can see whole flocks of them in the fields after harvest nibbling on the leftover grain.

Today I plan on finishing decorating my eggs. I have paper mache eggs that I bought years ago and have been using ribbon on them to make them decorative. I have tons of ribbon inherited from my Mom and some that I have bought on sale over the years. Also have some lovely sparkly things to glue on. Seems every time I sat down to work on them something would happen to distract me. So today, no matter what, they will be done. Not as many as I planned but some. So next year I will be able to make more.

Have a great Saturday everyone.
Janet Alliesmama