Daily Check-in April 4, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check-in April 4, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

The Lord has risen!

Happy Easter to all that celebrate.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in April 4, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:21 am The Lord has risen!

Happy Easter to all that celebrate.
Indeed he has. Alleluia.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I have been up since 4 am. I tried my old reading for a bit trick to see if that would put me back to sleep. No chance today. I think I am a bit excited as I set up a room on Facebook and invited the DS's to join. We will actually get to see oldest today even if it is just for a little while. It is something that I have taken part in, but never set up before so I really hope it works. Just another way to keep in touch over this very strange year.

I have a few household chores to do like making my to do list for next week. In thinking about it other than perhaps making a loaf of bread for youngest DS to take home, that is pretty much it for chores. I cut out two more masks for youngest and will get those sewn today as well.

The weather was beautiful the last couple of days and I am afraid I just more or less sat outside and enjoyed it. No projects were worked on, and no new lists were started. Today is supposed to be cloudy so perhaps a bit will get worked on today. I would like to get a couple of the simpler projects I have listed for this month finished soon.

Frugally speaking I will go for my early morning walk for my first bout of exercise, there will be no spending, I am using some leftover fabric to sew those two more masks so a bit of using things up, and youngest DS plans on doing his laundry but hanging out on the lines (means I should clean them off). All in all a pretty frugal day. Especially when all the items for our meal have been purchased on sale or from our garden (using the last of the potatoes that are still decent).

I have put on the potatoes to boil. The eggs are already hardboiled and I hope to be putting the potato salad together later this morning. Heck I may even get the tossed salad done as well. Just leaving the ham to cook and if I decide to make corn that as well. Much easier to do than turkey and all the fixings.

Today I am grateful for the opportunity we had at Christmas to all be together. Never did I realize we would not be able to be together at Easter.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
ownedbydogs

Sunday April 4

Post by ownedbydogs »

HAPPY EASTER.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning All and Happy Easter - I hope you all have the best possible day. It will be a relaxing day here and we won't have our Easter meal until evening. Our main dish is baked spaghetti with spinach and a couple kinds of cheese - the premise is the same as baked ziti - only with spaghetti. A side of oven roasted veggies and homemade yeast rolls with cake for dessert will complete the meal. Everything is ready to go into the oven - prepped it all yesterday. The cake is done and decorated. We managed to pull off a nice meal without going to the store and spending any money....yayyyy!!

I slept until 8:04 when my friend texted me Happy Easter - I am entirely surprised that the dogs let me sleep that late. They have been out and are back to bed. Six hungry cats are waiting on the driveway, staring at the house - so I need to get them fed pretty soon.

The sun is out and it looks like a lovely day is in store - feels a bit warmer than yesterday. Last night when I was walking Lucy, I saw a lady hiding plastic eggs in the flower beds, shrubs, etc. all around her house. She said she had 140 of them to hide - took me back to the day when my kiddos were young - I used to hide eggs with clues to the next egg - which would eventually lead them to their Easter baskets.

Off I go, I've got hungry cats and a lot of reading to catch up on. Have a wonderful day!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Re: Sunday April 4

Post by Jackielou »

ownedbydogs wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:42 am HAPPY EASTER.
Happy Easter.
Jackie