Daily Check-in April 7, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in April 7, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:10 pm Good afternoon beautiful people,

I finally was able to schedule my first Covid 19 vaccine today as the province opened it up to 60 plus. It will be on April 30. I had to book the second vaccine at the same time and it’s for August 20. I wish the two vaccines were closer together but that’s how it’s being done in Canada. Prairie Waif - in Ontario, anyone 55 plus can make appointments for the AstraZeneca vaccine at the pharmacy. In my city it includes Shoppers and two other independent pharmacies. This was opened up last week. I held off to wait for the Pfizer. I am relieved to at least have some dates. Dh who is 73 gets his next week. I have been keeping a very close watch and it helps that Dd2 works at the hospital.

This morning I had a phone consultation with my family physician and I also had my pickup order from Walmart. This week was a little disappointing as several items were not available and I only found out this morning. But we will have to make things due and I have already placed another order for next week to reserve a slot time.

I am making potato leek soup for dinner now that I have the potatoes. Dh and Dd2 will eat up the chicken and I think we’ll have oven roasted asparagus.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Jackie I sure am glad your son is able to get back for a visit. Janet I am glad Teddi seems to be doing better. And I was sorry to hear about HB.

Creative
Saskatchewan isn't taking second bookings yet.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Mackie...I so hope HB will be okay.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:17 pm Saskatchewan isn't taking second bookings yet.
Hi Jackie,

Perhaps I spoke a little out of order. In Ontario you must book both vaccines at the same time. I booked the two earliest dates I possibly could. The dates and times came up on the website and you selected from there. It will be a relief just to receive the first one.

Doug Ford declared yet another “stay at home “ order for the entire province. It doesn’t change much here as all schools have remote learning only now anyway.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Thanks, everyone. The hospital is keeping him overnight at the very least, since whatever is happening has affected both his legs and spread to one of his arms since this morning.
Mackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:33 pm Thanks, everyone. The hospital is keeping him overnight at the very least, since whatever is happening has affected both his legs and spread to one of his arms since this morning.
Oh, my ... sending good thoughts out to HB!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:33 pm Thanks, everyone. The hospital is keeping him overnight at the very least, since whatever is happening has affected both his legs and spread to one of his arms since this morning.
Oh dear. I do hope they will find out what is wrong very quickly.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/