Daily check in April 8, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily check in April 8, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Update:
I have the house cleaned, floors cleaned and cooking completed.
I made a peach pie, 1&1/2 quarts of extra pie filling for freezer, pasta salad, egg salad and a big green salad. I also cooked a pound of bacon...I like to crumble it on my salad. I have some roasted turkey breast also that with the addition of guacamole and bacon makes a darn good sammich. Need to make some guac!

It hasn't really rained that much today just spritzing off and on...we need rain. There are really deep cracks in my yard.

I had a serving of cassoulet from the freezer for lunch, DD brought me a spanish hot dog for supper! First one of the season...so good.
It has turned off very gloomy and grey this afternoon. Hoping for clear skies tomorrow as I want to clean out from underneath some pine trees...lots of leaves and pine straw. I used to use it in my garden between the rows for weed suppression but I don't garden that big any more so will probably haul them back into the woods to rot and become leaf mulch/eventually dirt.

Jackie, I completely understand losing your sewing/crafting mojo....I still haven't found my dusting mojo LOL!

I did get my pansies planted, they are in a wrought iron planter right outside my bedroom window...they look so pretty and bright!

JCKitty
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute le monde!

I watched the pulmonary physiologist testify at the Derek Chauvin trial this morning. Gee, he was good at explaining breathing! Now I know why it took 10 days in the hospital to clear up my pneumonia and why, when I get pluerisy, it hurts so much! They are saying he was one of the most pivotal prosecuting witnesses brought in so far.

I had a noon hour appointment with my shrink. It went really well. We are going to try and reduce my anxiety meds for the daytime. We will see how that goes.

After my shrink appointment, I had to delivery forms to the disability office and then went to the grocery store to get my carrots and celery for my Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup that I am making tomorrow. A friend posted a photo of her iced coffee on facebook and it just looked so good! I splurged and got the caramel coffee creamer and the Coconut whipped cream that she uses. Both were on sale at half price! I love iced coffee and this will be a real treat.

It seems like a long day but I think it is because I am really feeling my back today. I just took two extra strength Tylenol and hope that helps.

Just put the chicken bones and skin in a pot to make my soup broth. I'll have gotten a lot of use from that little chicken! It's really tasty.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Mrscreative wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:38 pm Good afternoon beautiful people,

Today it’s been raining for pretty much the whole day. We really need it as March was very dry and it’s cleaned up a bit of the grit from last winter and washed away any of the remaining snow.

This morning my car was taken in as there was a defect with the battery. It’s not even two years old so I was shocked yesterday when it wouldn’t start. Dh gave it a boost from his car so fortunately we could drive it to the dealer. It’s less than two years old! Next winter we will have to drive it a little more as the cold drains the battery and it doesn’t get a chance to recharge as when it’s driven. The dealership was very nice and replaced a new battery without charge. No courtesy ride due to Covid and you can’t wait in the waiting room, so I drove Dh twice in his car so he could come back home.

I received an Emergency alert at 11 am, and it also came on the tv about our Stay at Home order. All non essential stores like clothing are back to curb side pickup and delivery only. Aside from that, not many changes here. We at least can still go outside for exercise. But I sure would not have predicted this pandemic would last so long! I did a load of laundry only to discover the dryer wouldn’t start again. A new part is on order, so I just hung everything on drying racks inside. Much better to be the dryer rather than the washer.

Dh received his genetic results and he does not carry the PMS2 gene variant. But they are still puzzled with DD2’s results and are doing yet further testing. They think there might be some gene deviation occurring wi thin her own body. I feel so badly for her! She got a notice in the mail advising her to get a colonoscopy and here she is only 28! The recommended age to start if you carry this gene is 25 and then every two years. It’s certainly not a pleasant thing to prepare for.

I hope you all have a good evening. Janet I sure hope you can get some rest tonight. Jackie, please don’t overdo! Best wishes for HB.

Creative
Really interesting about the gene variant. With all that we know...there is so much more that we don't.
I have been following your covid restrictions. One of our absolutely favorite places in the world is Algonquin Prov. Park. Have you been there? There is a lodge in the park...the Killarney Lodge where we have stayed numerous times. We have also camped in that park numerous times. The kayaking there is spectacular. Anyway....I am so hoping the Killarney will not have a second summer season with very few visitors.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

jckitty wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:00 pm Update:
I have the house cleaned, floors cleaned and cooking completed.
I made a peach pie, 1&1/2 quarts of extra pie filling for freezer, pasta salad, egg salad and a big green salad. I also cooked a pound of bacon...I like to crumble it on my salad. I have some roasted turkey breast also that with the addition of guacamole and bacon makes a darn good sammich. Need to make some guac!

It hasn't really rained that much today just spritzing off and on...we need rain. There are really deep cracks in my yard.

I had a serving of cassoulet from the freezer for lunch, DD brought me a spanish hot dog for supper! First one of the season...so good.
It has turned off very gloomy and grey this afternoon. Hoping for clear skies tomorrow as I want to clean out from underneath some pine trees...lots of leaves and pine straw. I used to use it in my garden between the rows for weed suppression but I don't garden that big any more so will probably haul them back into the woods to rot and become leaf mulch/eventually dirt.

Jackie, I completely understand losing your sewing/crafting mojo....I still haven't found my dusting mojo LOL!

I did get my pansies planted, they are in a wrought iron planter right outside my bedroom window...they look so pretty and bright!

JCKitty
WOW...you have been BUSY!!!!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:38 pm and now facebook is down. ah - lol
Mine was not down....wonder what was going on.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:34 pm Really interesting about the gene variant. With all that we know...there is so much more that we don't.
I have been following your covid restrictions. One of our absolutely favorite places in the world is Algonquin Prov. Park. Have you been there? There is a lodge in the park...the Killarney Lodge where we have stayed numerous times. We have also camped in that park numerous times. The kayaking there is spectacular. Anyway....I am so hoping the Killarney will not have a second summer season with very few visitors.
I love that park. We used to visit it on our way west in the summers.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/