Daily Check in April 10

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in April 10

Post by alliesmama4 »

jgomez1002 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:24 pm I've realiy enjoyed today. A lot has been done around the urban homestead and I am happy.

DH and I ordered new patio dining chairs from Amazon last night. We've been searching for some for a while. I bought some from Big Lots 2 years ago and the cloth seats have shredded. We have a really nice table and only need chairs.

DH raked and cleaned one of my gardens and the he completely rotertilled it. I can plant peas, spinach, kale, chard, lettuce and radishes soon. I weeded the herb gardens that surround the patio. The chives, lemon balm, thyme and oregano have all come back. This is really unusual for Maine in April.

I've swept the floors and washed all of them today. We've changed all the beds and washed and hung the sheets out on the line. FRUGAL! Lunch was homemade spicey kraut burgers and dinner was delicious, too. Sauteed asparagus, grilled sweet potatoes and grilled chicken drumsticks with fresh ground pepper and kosher salt. Slow cooked, nice and crispy. So good.

Regards,
JGomez
Sounds like a great day. I envy your garden.. mine is still in the planning stage..

What is a spicey kraut burger?
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:29 pm yes- the snowpocalypse of 2021 in Texas made us stock up. LOL

And honestly - my brother lives maybe two blocks away and sister four blocks away. I can always go there or to the parental home.

At the parental home, my late brother built a "she/he shed" with plumbing - toilet etc. I can just drive up - use the faclities - even stay there if necessary - lol.
Now that's a great deal. a shed with plumbing. Though I do hope your own plumbing is fixed quickly.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:17 pm Sounds like a great day. I envy your garden.. mine is still in the planning stage..

What is a spicey kraut burger?
Not Jgomez here but I have a feeling that she is talking about either slices of cabbage fried and served on a burger bun. Or.... sautéed shredded cabbage spiced up and served over a regular hamburger.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:47 am Not Jgomez here but I have a feeling that she is talking about either slices of cabbage fried and served on a burger bun. Or.... sautéed shredded cabbage spiced up and served over a regular hamburger.
Interesting. Never heard of putting cabbage on a burger. Something for me to think about since I love cabbage. A burger without the bun, with cabbage, would work well in my low carb diet.
Janet Alliesmama