Daily Check in April 10

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ownedbydogs

Re: Daily Check in April 10

Post by ownedbydogs »

nothing much done this morning. Got the usual done. Fed the dogs, turned the goats out and made sure dd took her meds. She forgets them if I don’t remind her. Going to my granddaughter house for a birthday party for her foster child’s birthday. He will be 3. Praying that he will be placed for adoption and she gets to keep him. Mother seems to be out of picture. He and the 6 yr are going to be heartbroken if he leaves. You would think they are long time brothers. Prayers if you pray would be appreciated.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
Owned I hope and pray the adoption goes thru...what a wonderful thing for your family!

I have been up and busy outside since 8 AM... no wind so I burned all of the burn pile and everything I had stacked to feed it! I am thrilled that job is done! I also worked on the area of pine straw and leaves. I have it about 90% done but got too tired to finish...will rest and maybe get it finished before the rain comes in.
If not it will have to wait.

Sometime this next week I need to dig the ashes from the firepit...it is full and needs emptied before burning more sticks....of which I have many LOL

Today is a perfect day for yard work...cool and now wind....I wish I had the stamina I used to have. Getting older sucks, but I guess it is better than the alternative :roll:

I did not get the meatloaf made, the ground beef was still too frozen...maybe this afternoon.
I also have some potatoes that need used up, I guess mashed potatoes will also be on the menu.

Starting to get dark looking outside...rain maybe coming soon. We need it, and if we expect to find any morel mushrooms this year we need it soon.....
JCKitty
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Jackie I am happy for you. I hope you don’t get any side effects from the vaccine. In the morning it was raining so a perfect time to catch up with cleaning and laundry. The last load is in our temperamental dryer. It has the bedsheets from our queen size bed so a little hard to hang dry on racks inside. The bed has already been made up with new sheets. I also finished reading a book this morning.

Owned by dogs, I have said a little prayer for the adoption. I hope the little guy has a wonderful celebration!

This afternoon it has stopped raining so I plan to get outside for a nice, long walk. It’s still pretty cold so will wear my winter jacket and carry my light umbrella. Dh went jogging this morning but I didn’t feel up to it. A meditative walk is more in order. Like Jackie said, life’s a little boring at times but it’s up to me to make the most of it. Dh will be glued to the tv watching the Masters.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Owned, I hope that little one soon becomes part of your loving family forever.

It's another rainy day here. I slept quite late due to really needing it. Must make a grocery list as we are scraping the bottom of the barrel. The fridge has an echo! :-D

I put a couple of my work blouses on the sewing machine table. They need the tails squared off so that they can be worn untucked and still look neat. It does not take long to do but I keep procrastinating.

Must start moving here. Hope you all have a lovely day.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Owned have said a prayer for the adoption.. Hope the little guy becomes a permanent member of your family soon.
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Well I guess I am in for the day, rain has moved in and the temps are down...it's okay I need to pace myself anyway.

I made a hamburger for lunch and had some pasta salad...I was hungry and it really hit the spot. Since I have to stay in I will do some dusting and run the robo-vac. May even take a nap ;)

JCKitty