Daily Check in April 11, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check in April 11, 2021

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:52 pm Good afternoon, frugal friends. DH and I have been doing household chores, including a trip to the grocery store for some major shopping. We spent $146, which is huge for us, but did a lot of stocking up. We found some excellent deals on clearance -- Italian-made pasta for $1.48 a pound was one -- and had some really good store coupons for things like apples, fig bars, and almond milk that we buy every week.

While we were at the grocery store, I bought a Visa gift card to put my accumulated pocket money on. Where I work, it's nearly impossible to spend cash. Everything is set up to take cards, and once in a while I really want a bag of popcorn or a soda.

This morning I opened up the new flea collars for the dogs and did the trick of turning two collars into three by constructing a third collar out of the cut-off ends of the first two. The collars are the right size but are still way too long for the two younger dogs, so I punch holes in the cut off pieces, sew them together with nylon twine and then wrap the ends with duct tape. It makes a slightly loose collar that slides on and off for the oldest dog. She is intolerant of anyone fiddling with the buckle on her collar, so this works out great for her.

Off to do more laundry, and I have to cut DH's hair today. I trimmed my bangs and am trying to hold out until after the second vaccine when I can get a professional haircut.

Clem, I hope your plumbing troubles get better, and everyone has a peaceful day.
Mackie, what a great savings by turning 2 flea collars into 3!! They are so expensive! I need to replace them for my dogs soon - it will be almost $130 for two collars.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

It's still raining. I just got up from a lovely nap. The oatmeal bars are made and broccoli, green beans and tomatoes are roasted, cooled and put away.

The black beans are done cooking and are cooling. I still need to assemble a mess of veggie burgers.

My hairdresser just returned my call from 2 weeks ago - she had been traveling. OOPS - I got my hair done someplace else yesterday - and I like them better. I told her I was fine for now - awkward!

Off to putter around the kitchen some more.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello,
I was busy today. I put together my desk. it works! At one point I had the top on the floor and had to screw the legs into it. I was a little worried if I would be able to flip it over by myself. I decided if I could I would first go knock on my neighbor's door. I saw him taking his dog out of a walk when I headed out to get some lunch. ( i splurged on Mexican, I have had a hankering for it for several days). Then I have nearby cousin's and 2 uncles who could have helped, the my nephews.. But I got it flipped ok. I got my monitors mounted on a stand that claps to the desktop. I was a little worried because I had to get a little rough to get the manufacture's stands off. But they all work. Now I need to clean off my sewing table. I have too much stuff. But I might need it some day.

I did find the ROKU remote that went missing after the last time my grandson's stayed the night. I was under my cedar chest, hidden by the foot.

Now I am hungry again. I need to forage in my kitchen for something.

Have a great night,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Spoke too soon. I now have chills and a fever. Add in very tired and my arm is getting sore by the hour.

I think I will be crawling into bed early after a soak in the tub tonight.

Just put the roast in the oven and will curl up under some blankets until time to do the carrots and potatoes.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by Jackielou » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:41 pm

Update

Spoke too soon. I now have chills and a fever. Add in very tired and my arm is getting sore by the hour.

I think I will be crawling into bed early after a soak in the tub tonight.

Just put the roast in the oven and will curl up under some blankets until time to do the carrots and potatoes.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
I hope you feel better soon.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I'm feeling better. Took a nap.

This is a weird weekend - first time in a long time that I didn't go to the festival.

Even my sickly sibling was out there - well not walking around but getting food. Boy am I becoming a hermit?

:shock: