Daily Check in April 11, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check in April 11, 2021

Post by Quilter51 »

I'm not a hermit but I do try to avoid weekend stuff and go on Friday if they are 3 day festivals.

Son had the Johnson and Johnson today so now all the family has at least one except son in law is isolating with Covid poor guy.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Quilter51 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:20 pm I'm not a hermit but I do try to avoid weekend stuff and go on Friday if they are 3 day festivals.

Son had the Johnson and Johnson today so now all the family has at least one except son in law is isolating with Covid poor guy.
Hope SIL will be okay. I get my second shot this Friday.
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:32 pm Mackie, what a great savings by turning 2 flea collars into 3!! They are so expensive! I need to replace them for my dogs soon - it will be almost $130 for two collars.
I buy the large size of flea meds and divide them between the 4 pups.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

ownedbydogs wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:11 am I buy the large size of flea meds and divide them between the 4 pups.
Ah, that's smart. I might "pull a Mackie" and see if I can make 3 collars out of the 2 - I remember last time I bought them, I had to cut a lot of extra off both - so maybe.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:52 pm Good afternoon, frugal friends. DH and I have been doing household chores, including a trip to the grocery store for some major shopping. We spent $146, which is huge for us, but did a lot of stocking up. We found some excellent deals on clearance -- Italian-made pasta for $1.48 a pound was one -- and had some really good store coupons for things like apples, fig bars, and almond milk that we buy every week.

While we were at the grocery store, I bought a Visa gift card to put my accumulated pocket money on. Where I work, it's nearly impossible to spend cash. Everything is set up to take cards, and once in a while I really want a bag of popcorn or a soda.

This morning I opened up the new flea collars for the dogs and did the trick of turning two collars into three by constructing a third collar out of the cut-off ends of the first two. The collars are the right size but are still way too long for the two younger dogs, so I punch holes in the cut off pieces, sew them together with nylon twine and then wrap the ends with duct tape. It makes a slightly loose collar that slides on and off for the oldest dog. She is intolerant of anyone fiddling with the buckle on her collar, so this works out great for her.

Off to do more laundry, and I have to cut DH's hair today. I trimmed my bangs and am trying to hold out until after the second vaccine when I can get a professional haircut.

Clem, I hope your plumbing troubles get better, and everyone has a peaceful day.
Mackie great frugal save on the dog collars.
Janet Alliesmama