Daily Check in April 12, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in April 12, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning all,

Today is my first baby's 26th birthday. How can that be?

I did not sleep well. I am anticipating a tough day at work. Too much to do , not enough time. But I have developed a mental plan to delegate. I've got a guy off on PTO this week and another left the company as of Friday. But looking forward to working at my new desk set up. A really good office chair to sit in and the ability to convert to standing when I want.

This evening, barring a late day at work, I plan to attend a support group meeting.

Have a great day,
Maggie
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check in April 12, 2021

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning Maggie and Everyone. Maggie, isn't it something how our kids grow up in the blink of an eye? Mine are both in their 30's - and, come May, my daughter will be closer to 40 than to 30. It's mind blowing.

I am off today. It looks like long weekends (Friday, Monday off) are going to be the only way for me to get my vacation time in this year. I'm really fine with that - so okay.

I stayed very busy yesterday - a lot of food got made. I have an appointment for my car at 1:00 today - the mechanism for the windshield wipers needs repaired or replaced or tightened or something. I also need them to look at my tires. The tire light won't go off, even after my brother put air in the tires.

Shooting for a relaxing morning, I have nothing planned. Hope everyone has a good day!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:27 am Good Morning all,

I did not sleep well. I am anticipating a tough day at work. Too much to do , not enough time. But I have developed a mental plan to delegate. I've got a guy off on PTO this week and another left the company as of Friday. But looking forward to working at my new desk set up. A really good office chair to sit in and the ability to convert to standing when I want.

This evening, barring a late day at work, I plan to attend a support group meeting.

Have a great day,
Maggie
My oldest DS will be 45 in 6 months and youngest will be 40 the day before. Time just flies past and they grow up, become parents of their own in what seems like no time at all.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:27 am Good Morning all,

Have a great day,
Maggie
wait until they are 47, which mine will be the 25 of this month. Time flies.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Goodness, I completely forgot when I posted that today is my Daughter-In-Law's birthday...also in her 30's.

I don't do a lot for my kiddo's birthdays anymore - for my son I send a card and photos (he likes to have old photos of the house, family, etc.). For my Daughter-In-Law, I just got a nice card and put a pretty wooden bookmark in it.

I might see about taking my daughter horseback riding for her birthday this year. Sounds unfair, I know, but it's not - son and DIL don't want to do anything with mom, lol. Truth is, they are both so busy with full time jobs and they both sit on community boards, committees, etc. that take up a lot of their time. One of the downsides of kids getting older and settling down.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

ownedbydogs wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:07 am wait until they are 47, which mine will be the 25 of this month. Time flies.
Owned, my parents about lost their minds when I turned 50! :-)

Charles M. Schultz