Daily Check In April 13, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In April 13, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee but thought I would start us off.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In April 13, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Can I say it looks like winter has arrived much too late here in my little corner of the prairies. I believe that there is at least a foot of heavy wet snow on the ground and more to come today. According to the weather people, we aren't even the hardest hit area in the province. That award goes to an area a bit north of us. However, routes in and out of the city were shut down, some due to treacherous conditions, and the main highway from the US border north to bigger centers was shut down due to semi's sliding off the road and into ditches, or just being unable to plow their way through the snow. It has been a long time since that has happened.

Any way, all that to say it will be another stick at home day. I have been doing a tiny bit more each day (resting in between) and hope to continue to do so. Today I will finish cleaning the bathroom and will finish mopping the floors (my steamer/mopper is actually pretty darn light). I also started to move a few things around in my wardrobe. Not a great deal and I am keeping the heavier sweaters handy. I do have cardigans and wraps that I can use as well over lighter tops so I should do just fine.

I will be throwing some of my fall/spring coats into the wash today. I noticed that they could use a good cleaning (must have forgotten to do so when I put them at the back of the closet).

Other than those few little jobs I will be doing the regular Tuesday chores like cleaning the desk, ironing, mending, and perhaps cleaning off the front and sides of the dishwasher. Heck if I feel up to it I may give the stove top a cleaning.

Really not a whole lot and I will be finished in probably an couple of hours this morning. I am feeling much better today so hopefully with resting in between the heavier jobs I will be able to complete all that is planned. My temperature seems to have gone down, I don't have the headache, and just feel much better. One reason for feeling better could be because over the last 4 days I have lost 6 of those absorbable stitches. Only 7 or 8 more to go (can't really tell how many are in my belly button).

Frugally speaking, this will be a no spend day. I will be using items up in fridge and freezer. Stretching that meat dollar as far as I possibly can. My walking will be done inside again today. It is frugal exercise and seems to be helping moderate my appetite and helping my good cholesterol get higher yet. I plan on doing a bit of decluttering as well. Or maybe not decluttering, more a going through and organizing in the sewing/craft room. I would like to get all the 4" squares put away and perhaps get some summer knitting projects chosen and put together in kits.

Other then those things it will be a quiet day (at least the afternoon, I should be able to binge watch what is left of the Aussie series Water Rats) with an afternoon finishing off the prayer shawl, and perhaps getting started on something different.

Supper tonight is going to be a pork stir fry served over rice.

Today I am grateful that neither Hubby or I still work and have to be out in this miserable weather.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Jackie I have to say IF we got all of the snow that you and MJ received yesterday....I seriously think it would have made me cry. I know you are used to it but I don't know that I could ever get used to it.

I am up, drinking buckets of coffee and trying to get my "plan" for the day together...I am determined to get the area of pine straw and leaves finished today. It is a filthy job so will try to get it done later this AM, take another shower , dress in clean working clothes and start again.

This weather has us in a sort of limbo, can't plant for fear of frost and yet everything looks green and fresh. I may work on mowers today, oil, battery and etc....blades are sharp just need to prep.

Off to do????
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. All these reports of snow are giving me a sympathetic shiver.

The weather is supposed to stay very nice here all week, although gradually cooling. The weekend was unseasonably warm even for us, but is sure was nice for working outside.

Yesterday I had my work-required Covid test, which was negative -- no surprise there. My workday was a bit busy since I'm working alone and did a lot of running back and forth. Would have had a little nap when I got home, but Lily Dog insisted on standing on top of me and barking at the neighbors through the window behind the sofa. She barks like a sea lion. It's hard to believe such a loud, deep bark can come out of a twenty-pound dog. :-D

Today for lunch I am trying out a vegan chik'n fajita burrito for lunch. It was an impulse buy from the freezer section at the grocery store, a new item with a dollar off coupon as an enticement to buy. Just in case it's awful, there's peanut butter and crackers and a bowl of yogurt and strawberries.

Hope you all have a lovely, peaceful day.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

jckitty wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:02 am Good morning all,

Jackie I have to say IF we got all of the snow that you and MJ received yesterday....I seriously think it would have made me cry. I know you are used to it but I don't know that I could ever get used to it.

I am up, drinking buckets of coffee and trying to get my "plan" for the day together...I am determined to get the area of pine straw and leaves finished today. It is a filthy job so will try to get it done later this AM, take another shower , dress in clean working clothes and start again.

This weather has us in a sort of limbo, can't plant for fear of frost and yet everything looks green and fresh. I may work on mowers today, oil, battery and etc....blades are sharp just need to prep.

Off to do????
JCKitty
Heck JCkitty, I am ready to cry. I know we need the moisture desperately here, but I would much rather have had the liquid form. This started Sunday afternoon and it is still falling. Anytime now it can stop. Hubby says shoveling is like asking for an instant heart attack, that is how heavy the snow is.
Jackie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

The big excitement around our house is that I finally got a haircut with about five inches trimmed off! By Dd2 who had watched some YouTube videos. I tell you, you can learn anything there! She did a great job, now only need to colour it once again.

I have a “salad “ marinating in the fridge using the ingredients we have on hand - some frozen peas, two diced tomatoes, a small amount of green onions and some sun dried tomatoes for a burst of flavour with some Panera bread Greek salad dressing. We shall see how it turns out. My Walmart pickup order is tomorrow and I plan to update it shortly.

I will be ending my Prime membership today. I subscribed for one month and had one month of free membership. I enjoyed the movies and two day shipping for the past two months, but it’s clearly something I can live without as we have Shaw cable tv and actually a lot of viewing options there.

Today I will do some ironing and have the main bathroom to clean. The bathroom is the focus of Diane in Denmark’s cleaning this week.

Does anyone here have the combined vacuum/floor washing robot. If so, which brand? It’s seriously something I am thinking about as I really detest washing floors. The fact I still do it on my hands and knees probably doesn’t help.

Still raining here! I feel like we’re going to get washed away. Looks like the kids won’t be returning to school in person after all, as Doug Ford declared only remote learning across the whole province with the escalating rates.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Off to listen to my Masterclass.

Creative