Daily Check In April 13, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check In April 13, 2021

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres souper toute le monde!

Patty, my dear sweet friend! I am so sorry you are going through such and awful time with your back and physical pain. I hope a new neurologist can help you. <3 <3 <3

Jackie, yes, we are in the same storm line as you. It snowed all night and is terrible out there. People posted warnings on local facebook groups with photos of white outs and warnings of icy roads to avoid. They had a big accident near Winnipeg yesterday that had the TransCanada Highway closed for hours. Our caretaker was out there this afternoon with the snowblower cleaning sidewalks. I'm not moving from my space heater!

I haven't felt much like doing anything. My back has been giving me some pain. I have managed to bake my brownies and make nice breakfast and have a good supper. I figure that's a success for a day for moi. I'll probably get the dishwasher partially unloaded tonight. I ran it yesterday.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:22 pm sad news from my step sister yesterday, her late 40's son has died.

I don't have any details, she is heart broken.

My father and her mother married after all of "the kids" were grown. we only met once, when she came out for my father funeral 36 years ago, but we have been friends < after that, for years.

I wish that I could be there for her, she lives several states away, she has lots of family, she is not along, but I wish that I could help her.

IC
My condolences to you and your family.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:29 pm Maybe he will, Clem. Sometimes it's different if it's another guy stepping in.

I actually left work for lunch and drove across the river to Publix, which was too crowded for my tastes. People will flat run you over in the aisles with their carts. But I wanted laundry detergent in a cardboard box and peanut butter in a glass jar, and those things are not available in the tiny city we live and shop in. DH also loves those LeSueur extra young tiny peas in the little cans and I couldn't find those at home. Publix had them.

DH and I are working to cut our plastics footprint, so we're switching to buying as many products as we can in containers that are truly recyclable.
Mackie very admirable of you cutting your plastics foot prints. I try to recycle everything that I can too but not as much as you are. Kudos to you for doing such a great job.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:51 pm I woke up once during the night, but woke up too early. 5:45 am I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn’t.

There is a front coming through this morning so I have no energy, I have brain fog too.

My garbage is gathered and out.

Penny
Penny hope you feel better soon. ((hug))
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

chocolite wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:02 pm Afternoon all. Not a good day for me, or a good week for that matter. Lots of pain. I had PT today. I really can't tell any improvement and I'm so very discouraged.

I broke down and made an appointment to see another neurosurgeon. I just can't do this much longer. Maybe I can get another stim implant after all. I just need to know.
Patty I am sorry to hear you are in so much pain. It does not hurt to look for another Dr. Hope you can get some relief soon. very gentle ((hug)).
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:24 pm Bonne apres souper toute le monde!

Patty, my dear sweet friend! I am so sorry you are going through such and awful time with your back and physical pain. I hope a new neurologist can help you. <3 <3 <3

Jackie, yes, we are in the same storm line as you. It snowed all night and is terrible out there. People posted warnings on local facebook groups with photos of white outs and warnings of icy roads to avoid. They had a big accident near Winnipeg yesterday that had the TransCanada Highway closed for hours. Our caretaker was out there this afternoon with the snowblower cleaning sidewalks. I'm not moving from my space heater!

I haven't felt much like doing anything. My back has been giving me some pain. I have managed to bake my brownies and make nice breakfast and have a good supper. I figure that's a success for a day for moi. I'll probably get the dishwasher partially unloaded tonight. I ran it yesterday.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
One highway around my city is still closed. And the snow is still falling.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/