Daily Check In April 13, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In April 13, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:05 pm
Clem, it's probably because the ground froze and thawed so dramatically. Something like that will have a person chasing leaks for a while. Fix one, find another.
good point!

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

clemencia2us wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:35 pm
good point!
But he also refuses to have anyone help or give him ideas

A neighbor just stopped and is telling him how to fix it.

Maybe he will listen. I think he is losing it - :shock:

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Maybe he will, Clem. Sometimes it's different if it's another guy stepping in.

I actually left work for lunch and drove across the river to Publix, which was too crowded for my tastes. People will flat run you over in the aisles with their carts. But I wanted laundry detergent in a cardboard box and peanut butter in a glass jar, and those things are not available in the tiny city we live and shop in. DH also loves those LeSueur extra young tiny peas in the little cans and I couldn't find those at home. Publix had them.

DH and I are working to cut our plastics footprint, so we're switching to buying as many products as we can in containers that are truly recyclable.
Mackie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

And the snow is still falling. We could get another 2 to 4 1/2 inches today. This on top of the 12 inches we got over the previous 2 days. Hubby is trying to clear out
As much as he can.

I am taking a bit of a rest and then I will put away my clothes that were drying on the lines downstairs. I will also put some more of my winter things in storage for the spring and summer.

Off to get started.

chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Afternoon all. Not a good day for me, or a good week for that matter. Lots of pain. I had PT today. I really can't tell any improvement and I'm so very discouraged.

I broke down and made an appointment to see another neurosurgeon. I just can't do this much longer. Maybe I can get another stim implant after all. I just need to know.
Patty
https://thenextchapterforpatty.blogspot.com/

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Jackie, I hope your hubby is not trying to do a huge shoveling of that heavy wet snow...it's dangerous .

Clem, OMG it must be a man thing, the fiance is just as bad sometimes.

I got the pinestraw/leaf area cleaned and done! I also mowed the acre around the house and garage. Low on gas so need to make a trip to town to fill all containers. Yard needs mowed at dads/DD's also. I will have DD go with me to fill the gas cans.

My Abatron wood preservative stuff came so I will be able to hopefully start the work on the wood front atrium doors. I have used this product before when I was restoring the stone house my Tea Room was in and I know it works. I just need it to be drier outside . It will work in the dampness but works faster if it is dry.
Hopefully tomorrow I can work on it.

I think I may have to take a "news break" again, all of this turmoil has me feeling very sad and almost hopeless.

Supper will be chicken and salad...

JCKitty