Daily check in Wednesday April 14, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily check in Wednesday April 14, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sun is shining this morning, no snow is falling, but man is it chilly out. I am hoping that the sun warms things up and the ice starts to melt.

Not much happening today. I will be doing some dusting, more moving of clothing (sweaters/cardigans are staying out), as well as making a grocery list for tomorrow and baking a few items. If we are stuck with no place to go we may as well stuff our faces a bit or at least enjoy our enforced stay in our home bubble. I know it is necessary, but I so wish it wasn't. I was going to make an appointment to attend Mass next weekend, now I think I just might hold off a bit longer.

Hubby will be heading out at some point today to pay the accountant for doing our income tax. We get a sizable chunk of change back, and I told Hubby that perhaps we should hold on to that in the savings account just in case it comes back to haunt us and there is a mistake somewhere along the line. It has never happened before (other than a few hundred here or there) but there is always a first time.

Frugally speaking walking will be done inside, I plan on doing some baking so the oven will be on which will heat the kitchen and the back of the house, drapes will be opened to let in the sunshine and solar heat to the front of the house, and I think I will look on line for some inexpensive or free books starting with U, X, and Z. I may even take a gander at those Masterclasses of Creatives finding. Thanks for sharing the link, that site never even came up in my searches.

I am also going through my spring/summer wardrobe and making a list of what I need and what needs to be repaired or perhaps refashioned. I have added a few items to the donation bag, though I may remove one item and completely pull it apart and remake it. I have to think on it a bit.

Supper tonight is going to be leftover sausages along with some scrambled eggs. I was going to make a skillet type thing for both of us to share and still may do so. Serving this with toast. Can you say breakfast for supper....

Today I am grateful for the clear skies after 3 days of non stop snowing.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I found an iPhone maddeningly difficult to use but had much less trouble with an Android phone. DH says one either likes Apple products or not. He does, I do not.

Good morning, frugal ones. I slept quite well last night, but could have used more of it. This morning I sliced up a banana for my cereal and had too much, so I put the extra on a saucer to dole out to the dogs -- they love bananas. But I accidentally dropped the saucer on the kitchen runner rug and banana slices went everywhere. Lily Dog, who is never fast, suddenly sprang into action and was darting around scooping them all up. The other dogs did not get a single slice. Lily looked quite pleased with herself. :-D

Yesterday was a bit of a spending day, as I stopped at Food Lion on the way home and scooped up the last of the Italian-made angel hair pasta on clearance -- it had gone down to 99 cents a pound -- and bought three more of the vegan burritos to try out. They were $2.99 each with a $1 peel-off "try me" coupon on each one, so it worked to buy three but pay for only two.

Today I hope will not be a spending day for us. And I hope you all have a peaceful day and that Patty especially gets some good news and feels better. Hugs all around!
Mackie
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:24 am Hope your DD feels better very soon.
Than you but
It is a routine appointment for her, as she has been disabled her whole life.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

good morning all

ugh I had a rough night. Kept waking up and having very weird dreams.

It is going to be a long day.

I seem to have hit a bit of a blah patch. Maybe its the virus, house issues etc. Hope I can snap out of this.

Just feeling sorry for myself.. i guess.

Big hug to all of you

Have a good day.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:30 am I had a question about the vaccine rollout here that was not answered online so I did the phone thing to get an answer. Well the call went through but it turned out I was caller 262 and the wait would be a long one. Any how to make a long story short I could push a number leave my phone number and they would get back to me when my number came up. All this without losing my place in line. I was quite impressed when about 1 1/2 hours later I received a call back.

Mind you my province is not as populated as yours so that probably makes a big difference in service.
People are having difficulty even getting through to make their appointments. Anytime they call the line is busy. It doesn’t appear that our province has the resources in place to handle the volume. Dh tried to call for himself several times at varying times of the day. A lot will just give up, I’m afraid.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I see that we are having a food bank drive this Saturday

Has been quite a while since I helped at one. Maybe a year? I've decided to try to go.

Maybe I just need to be around people again. Occupy my time?