Daily Check in April 15, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in April 15, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,
A quick check in before I log in to work. I got myself out for another walk last night. Of course I got a work call while out. But I slept much better last night feeling that things are back under control.

I may have to venture out this evening to get milk. so I have some for my coffee in the morning. Otherwise I have been staying home, eating form home and not spending too much money.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in April 15, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I was going to go shopping today, but perhaps waiting until tomorrow for the main grocery shop is a good idea. Then again who knows what I will do once I am fully awake and in the car taking documents back to the accountant. May just try and do the shopping myself as it has been 7 weeks since my operation. Hubby would sure be happy. I may take some bags with me just so nothing gets over filled and too heavy for me to lift. I now have a plan!!!! I will actually be out and about when I want and not have to wait for someone (not mentioning names) to get up.

Frugally I have made my list for groceries and will be sticking to the list. Meals will be made here at home, using up what I can. The bills will be paid online saving money, time and wear/tear on the vehicle. I will also be finishing up the shawl (this is getting pretty boring, but I think it is long enough now) and moving on to doing some sewing or if it is sunny cross stitch.

I have managed to move my clothing around and hopefully not have to worry about another cold snap or snow storm for awhile. Though living where I live anything can happen..... I do have lots of sweaters and wraps and lots to layer so I should stay nice and warm if the weird does happen.

Supper tonight is going to be the leftover pork stir fry and rice. That will clear some more space out of the fridge.

So that will be pretty much my day along with sweeping the floors, and a tiny bit of baking...I have a craving for scones and this morning. Hope I still have it when I get back.

Today I am grateful that every day more stitches remove themselves. I was getting a bit worried that they would never dissolve.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, Maggie and everyone.

The pollen count must be terrible today -- I have not checked the official one but am judging by looking outside. Everything is gritty and yellow. I've been avoiding antihistamines thus far due to wearing a mask so much, but today may be the day. Last night we had to give Lily Dog a steroid tablet because she was scratching her ears and rubbing her face so much.

Yesterday I received the Lee slacks ordered from Poshmark. The seller had marked them as gray, but they're actually more of a lighter chestnut brown, not a color I usually wear. They fit perfectly, though, so I can make them work. They were described as pre-owned, but they were actually new without tags and had never been washed: still had that Lee dye smell. That was nice!

Usually I would bypass all this excitement and order from Amazon, but they were sold out. The Lee website stated supply issues and that orders would not be shipped for about four weeks. So Poshmark it was, as I really needed work slacks and Lee is the only brand that I can order online and have fit every time.

For work today, we still have five students in residence in my building and two in the building behind us. The two don't require much work aside from me taking them their lunches at noon. I hope that's the last of the spring break surge. We have 11 days until classes end.

Hope you all have a fine and peaceful day.
Mackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

I have been up for a bit and have chickens fed, watered and taken care of....it however feels cold to me outside. The weather dude says it is the cold coming from Canada . Looking at you Jackie and MJ LOL :lol:
States above us did get some snow flakes and that is not supposed to happen here, so no tears... ;)

My heat actually came on this morning and I have a feeling it will be off and on all day. no windows open for fresh air as it is too cold. Overcast also.

I really want to work on the door but it will depend on the weather. I am going to formulate a plastic cover for the door...I have everything I need, just need to do it.

This morning I will run the vacuum cleaner and possibly the floor cleaner...after I dust.
I also want to deep clean the bathroom. Those are my major jobs for the day...this afternoon we go look at the bees and make arrangements to get them purchased and installed into their new homes. I am excited.

I need to find my sander in the garage and cut the papers to fit it. It's small, called a "Mouse" and it is a breeze to use.
Spent some time last night looking at paint colors on doors...Pinterest...I really think I am going to go with black and hoping it looks good. Might install a brass kick plate, I have brass fixtures.

Off to drink more coffee and try to get myself "together".

JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept better last night than I have in many nights. I only woke up once.

Last night I placed my H-E-B order for delivery on Friday morning. I can add up to 35 items up until 3 hours before delivery.

My new phone is fully set up except for verifying the shared account with my daughter. We are planning on doing that tonight.

I plan on baking my apple pie shortly as I want the peelings out in tomorrows trash.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good morning all~
We had a Birthday Breakfast this morning for our now 16 year old granddaughter! SIXTEEN! How did THAT happen???????
A fun way to start the day... :D