Daily Check In April 16, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In April 16, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

chocolite wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:28 am Kitty, it's terrible news and so heartbreaking. I'm with you and Jackie about not feeling comfortable around people anymore. Besides the covid concerns, I consume too much news and politics, which makes me even more leery of interacting with people I don't know.

I saw a doctor at the neurology practice yesterday. He is more on the pain management end of the practice, but he went over everything in my chart and told me he thinks they can do another stim implant. It won't be like the original procedure, where they inserted the battery pack and threaded leads up from there. Because of the scar tissue and inflammation it would be virtually impossible to get correct placement doing it that way. They can do a different type of procedure with an additional incision at about the T8 level to anchor the electrodes precisely where they need to be, then drop the other ends down to the battery pack. He said it's more invasive but it should work. In theory. I asked him if I had to start all over from scratch with getting a trial stim, etc. but he said no!

Anyway, I have an appointment first thing Tuesday morning with a new surgeon. As soon as I got home I Googled him of course. He is a THIRD generation neurosurgeon. Can you imagine? I hope brilliance is in his DNA, because it's going to take a miracle for this to work. Every time I think about it I can barely breathe. I have a fear that he'll tell me no, it's not going to be possible. Or that my insurance company will deny it. Or any number of other dreadful scenarios that I'm better off not envisioning. It feels scary to be hopeful, but I am.
Patty..I am SO hopeful for you!!!!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Florida...so glad you are posting.
Same old here. I do meed to pick up some groceries later.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

I was able to work on my door project, it got warm enough and that door faces east/southeast so lots of heat from the sun. I have the first layer of epoxy on over the fiberglass strips and have been able to build it up.
I would say I am about 90 % done with the epoxy and after the curing will be able to sand and do any fill in needed. then it cures again and then painting..... and I have ordered 2 new brass kick plates for the doors.

The door of the 2 atrium doors that opens has a kick plate and I believe that is why it did not get the water damage. it needs replaced so ordered 2 matching. They aren't solid brass, those are pricey ! They are brass covered aluminum and the one I have has lasted 30 year so that's what I ordered again.
It is a lot of work and waiting but repairing the door is way cheaper than having a new one installed.

I have also done house chores but not really feeling it...KWIM?

I need to make a trip to Home Depot for paint but can't seem to make myself "just do it". Maybe tomorrow?

I think I want to paint the floor of the deck the same color. The deck rail will be a different color but I need to see the door and floor done before I pick and paint the railing. iie yi yie!!! So many decisions!

JCKitty
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:53 am Good morning friends.

I thought of LWolfT right away this morning when I heard about the shootings in Indy. I hope that her family are all OK.
Oh, thanks ... we're fine. No family/friend ties to Fed/Ex (that I know of). Did see on social media that a former co-worker's son does work for them, but he's OK — works in another building. You can imagine how she was feeling until she heard from him.

All we know officially right now is the alleged shooter was a former employee ...

Otherwise, motoring along as usual here.

Patty, I'm really hoping this doctor can help you (((( hugs))))!