Daily Check In April 18, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Daily Check In April 18, 2021

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning Friends,

I had a lovely sleep in until a few minutes after 7:00 and woke up to sunshine. That was nice after having had disturbing dreams last night. I don't remember what they were exactly - that is probably for the best.

It will be a no-spend day, as most of my days this month have been. I need to do some laundry and some cooking today but it will all be relaxing.

Breakfast is a lot of hot, black coffee and a few small oat bars - made from oats, cried cranberries, frozen blueberries, sunflower seeds, natural peanut butter and some chocolate chips. I did add a little bit of brown sugar - I've tried them without - they are better with.

Off to start the day. Wishing you all a lovely Sunday.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In April 18, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It has clouded over this morning and the forecast is calling for rain followed by snow. Not quite the weather we look forward to at this time of year, but I will take it.

I still have one last stitch to fall out, hopefully over the next few days.

Not much happening here, the days sort of run into each other and if I didn't look at a calendar or the date on the computer screen I would be completely lost. I am not going to blame it on the pandemic, rather I will blame it on myself and not keeping track.

Frugally, once again I will be making all meals at home and any leftovers will be packaged up to be used in another meal down the road a bit. Hmm, why do we use that expression "down the road", where did it come from.... But I digress.

I will of course be going for my daily walk unless the weather stops cooperating and then I will march in place for the required steps/time. Remember running in place during gym classes?

The list of to do jobs will be created today, and perhaps I will finish baking for the coming week. I seem to be losing interest in the things I used to enjoy.

The using up of yarn continues. I pulled a rather oversized cake from my stash and am knitting another shawl. It is coming along fairly quickly. This upcoming week I hope to do some sewing as I feel a bit of a niggle of interest coming back.

Supper this evening is going to be Roast Chicken, roasted potatoes, roasted carrots, and a tossed salad.

Today I am grateful that coffee tastes wonderful in the morning.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

It is an overcast day here. We are supposed to get rain the next several days.

I plan to continue to declutter but also need to do some cleaning, especially “Pippi’s bathroom” which I do not deep clean often enough.

I’m getting there with decluttering but still have a long way to go. My goals are two fold. If I died tomorrow, I don’t want someone to wade through excess paper to find the important documents. (Legal documents are with the lawyer so they are OK. It is the run-of-the-mill paperwork that needs streamlining.) Second, if I decide to move to mom’s house, I don’t want to be overwhelmed.

Yesterday I got rid of the wooden bill holder hanging on my my kitchen wall. I bought it at a thrift store years ago with the idea that it would help keep papers off my kitchen counter. But it always looked a mess. I replaced it with my needlepoint key holder and a small slate picture I bought in Virginia and love. Both were in the closet so that got them out of hiding.

Have a good day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. Right now it is sunny and a bit chilly however the weather forecaster stated last night, " all bets are off" for later today. Rain and storms moving in. I need to take my water bill to the village this morning. I had planned to take Teddi for a Sunday afternoon ride but cannot do that now. He does love his rides and I enjoy them too.

Today I plan on increasing the use of my treadmill. I can only do a couple of minutes at a time so will try to increase it to 3 or 4 times a day. You cannot go from sedentary to marathon in a few days. More frequent usage will help. I do love the convenience of it being in my bedroom and can use it more often especially since our weather is not conducive to getting outside and walking.

Have a good Sunday.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I am thinking we will also have roasted chicken for supper, Jackie. But I will do legs and thighs instead of a whole bird. DH is better about eating leftovers if they are grab and go.

Today I must buy groceries and would love to have enough time to finish altering some blouses. Yesterday I did a good bit of housecleaning in fits and bits and made pancakes from scratch with bacon for supper. We also used up a container of frozen orange juice concentrate that had been in the freezer for about a year.

I spent way too much time yesterday online looking for a no plastic alternative to hand dishwashing liquid and did not find anything practical that my guys would be able to figure out. So when I do shopping today we will look for one of those giant refill jugs and refill the bottles we already have.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Beautiful chilly morning. Love it. I can wear my flannel pajamas! Even had to close the window it was too cold.

Would have been nice to sleep the night away but the two elderly pups were up a lot. We basically took turns giving them snacks. They sleep away the day and eat at night. One is 16 years old!

My other pups all slept well.

I was surprised that I craved a cup of coffee this morning. Almost normal. One cup down.

Not sure what I will do today. Try to enjoy it

Have a great day