Daily Check In April 19, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In April 19, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, everyone. It's a bit chilly this morning here in Tennessee. Our only "snow" is the yellow, gritty pollen coming down in waves. DH spent to have both our cars washed and vacuumed yesterday because they were so nasty from it.

I need to scrounge around in the storage closet and see if there's anything I can wrap the "my secret pal" gift in and sneak it over to the office where it has to go. If not, I'll go out at lunch and buy a gift bag. I also need to put gas in my car too, but hate to buy it on this side of the ridge. Everything is more expensive in the city.

Today I brought a quart jug of ice water from home, but forgot a mug. So I'll have to look in the dorm kitchen and find a mug to wash. Nothing in there is exactly clean, but it's not my job to clean it and I'm not volunteering. :-D

Speaking of clean: The refill jug of store-brand window cleaner we bought yesterday refilled three almost empty spray bottles, so that was very nice. I like the store brand because it still has ammonia in it (Windex took it out of their formula) and will cut grease, so it gets used for cleaning the stove top and all kinds of little cleaning chores. Except on the floor, as ammonia tells pets it's okay to pee there.

Last night's roast chicken supper made plenty of leftovers for DH's lunch this week, so he'll be happy. He loves a hot lunch. Hooray for the microwave!

I hope everyone has a day of peace.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all!

Thankfully I slept like a log last night. Made up for the night before. I did wake up at 8 from the sound of the school traffic. I thought a few minutes had passed when I decided to get up - It was 9:30!

It is cool here in south texas. The heat even came on about 6! Now that I did hear and got up and turned it off. We do have the windows open, but it wasn't that cold.

Today starts early voting. My plan is to go and get it done today.

It is beautiful outside. Nice, sunny, chilly. Perfect!

Have a great day.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Whelp I pulled up my big girl panties and made the trip to Home Depot, holy moly the price of paint!
I bought the paint for the front door and a gallon to paint the guest room, I also had to buy roller covers.

Then I came home, changed into old clothes and commenced to mowing...it is all done :D so dirty and dusty...had to take another shower and wash my hair even though I had a hat on...dirt and sweat :roll:

DD mowed also, so I am glad that is done. Had a bowl of veg soup ...good eating!

My plan for tomorrow is to paint he guest room and put it back together after cleaning real well. I think that will be my big job of the day. Getting up and down the step stool and painting will wear me out I am sure.

Might take a nap... kinda tired

JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Kitty, there is nothing like the satisfaction of having painted nor the dread of painting! The exterior of our house needs painting, which is mostly the trim and garage door and about half of the back, since the rest is brick, and I am dreading it like crazy.

I could not leave at lunch to get a gift bag, and wound up wrapping the books for my secret pal in craft paper in shades of light blue, coffee, and light gray with the sheets put together diagonally. The bow was made from some cream-colored yarn and I typed the gift card to conceal my handwriting. I found an intermediary to deliver it to my pal's desk, so that's done.

Otherwise, I could have done my job from home today, but we won't tell anyone else that. :-D
Mackie
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

hello friends,

I realize that it's been some weeks since I was last on here, but I really don't like typing without an actual keyboard (my tiny iphone keyboard is Not a good example).

The biggest news since i was last here, is actually old news by now. It is that, very early on 3/31/21 morning, I passed out in my bathroom, then fell with all my weight onto my left leg & foot. This is my "bad" foot. Somehow my feet were under me with the toes pointed backwards. I'll spare you the long story with notes of dfogginess & dizziness & loads of useless tests, and skip to where the ER Doc read the X-rays and told me that I'd fractured a bone below my big toe (he was not clear if this bone was a metatarsal, or if it was a proximal phalanges bone). Instead of wearing the flat, post-surgical shoe they hand out, Dh persuaded the doc that I should wear my post-surgery walking-cast boot (left from my foot surgery), which is fine with me as I wrenched my foot & ankle quite badly.

Now, my ankle is aching somewhat, no doubt due to me sitting upright & foot being down on the floor too long. I should finish this quickly, then put my foot up. Lol, perhaps it is because I have misplaced my cane somewhere--my primary Dr, whom I saw last week after my 2 days at teh kidney & Chemo Dr visits (plus my appt with the guy who will do my dermagraphic restoration this Friday--"color on the reconsrtucted nipples"), he was quite pleased both that I was wearing the boot, and that I was using the cane.

First though, I need to slide down the stairs & get my laundry changed around. I'm out of clean sweats & jeans, AND socks... underwear & clean shirts would also be nice.

This week, I need to change my sheets, and of course there are my girls' softball practices & games to get to.

Dh is out of town tonight. I cannot decide if I want to do an easy hotdog dinner, or make the pasta I've been craving-pasta takes longer.

Other activities that have consumed our lives recently: having our dishwasher go out 2 weeks ago, then the kitchen sink faucet dripping gallons into the cupboard below and nearly rotting the shelving below. Dh replaced the faucet on Saturday--a truly profane experience that was. Also, ds18's truck has started having troubles, and now DH is determined that we should sell it, and try to buy our Bishop's old family sedan that he has talked about selling--it would hopefully get better gas mileage than gas-guzzling gray monster.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:28 am I think our weather from the beginning of this week has finally arrived where you are. If it is like here the snow will disappear quickly.
Yes Jackie I wasn’t too impressed. We also have a strong wind but it is supposed to warm up above freezing tomorrow so hopefully will quickly melt.