Daily Check In April 20, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In April 20, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Do y'all have any of those energy/nutrition shops in your area?

It is like a cult around here. Just in this small town - two have opened. I drove by one and there were 7 cars there

And the stuff is expensive - to me anyway. 12 dollars for a regular size and goes up from there. It's like starbucks

Think it is all based on that Herbalife stuff.

I refuse to spend money on coffee, so won't on this either. :mrgreen:
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Creative, I am really glad that his step-nephew, who is disabled but can drive and get around fairly well, has taken him under his wing. He has been driving him to medical appointments, which is a huge help to us.

Most of the credit goes to HB for not giving up. Once he found a job, no matter how awful he felt, he went to work, and he continues to do that today. We just gave him a place to get himself together, people to talk things through with, and taught him how to use the internet, which he really needed to know how to do. I would not recommend that anyone try to replicate what we did because HB really is extremely unusual among homeless people.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:49 pm How do y'all do so much?

I have done nothing all day. I am turning into one of my pups! Eat, sleep and void. LOL

I did take my drive around our small town. Stopped at the dollar store and bought dog food.

I figure i am in the languishing mode and will just have to ride it out for now.
Also you have had covid.. it takes time recuperate. Enjoy your life no matter what you are doing or not doing. I had to learn to do that after becoming disabled.. Life is good just sometimes watching the sunset or listening to the birds and feeling a nice breeze.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

It has been snowing off and on all day. It gets dark, gloomy and the snow starts. Then the sun comes out and the snow stops. No real accumulation, but it is windy and very cool.

I finally located my Lavender and Lace angel patterns. All of a sudden it came to me as to where I had put them the last time I was organizing. Whew, I was a bit worried that I had put them where they accidentally got put with donation items.

I filled another bag with items to be donated and hopefully will get another filled very soon.

Tomorrow I will bring up the last of the ready meals. I feel so much better, but so thankful that I had them ready for my recuperation. Off to do a bit more around the house, though pretty much all the household tasks were taken care of this morning well before noon.

I was going to bake bread, but with the lack of dish soap and the knowledge that my new mixing paddles will be here in a couple of days, I am going to wait. Same with the baking...There is always tomorrow and we actually have enough cookies and coffee cake to last for quite awhile.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I had plans to run to the store but they announced the upcoming verdict a couple hours ago.

My faith in humanity has bern restored for the moment. There is do much more work to be done though.

I have walked inside, done seated arm strength moves and need to to leg strength. I also got most of my modern improv quilt done. I love the process but spontaneous cutting and sewing leaves a mess.

I need to vacuum and do some picking up and to do. Gonna order a small pizza from dominoes and have vwg and mandarin orange.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Quilter51 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:26 pm I had plans to run to the store but they announced the upcoming verdict a couple hours ago.

My faith in humanity has bern restored for the moment. There is do much more work to be done though.

I have walked inside, done seated arm strength moves and need to to leg strength. I also got most of my modern improv quilt done. I love the process but spontaneous cutting and sewing leaves a mess.

I need to vacuum and do some picking up and to do. Gonna order a small pizza from dominoes and have vwg and mandarin orange.
yes had to watch. First time I have turned on CNN in a couple of weeks.