Daily Check-In, April 22, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check-In, April 22, 2021

Post by chocolite »

Good morning frugal friends. FCL, hope you enjoy your lunch today - it sounds so nice. Jackie, I have been in that languishing state for a long, long time. I hope and pray I'll be able to do more as time goes on. Mackie, I'm with you about using Swap. I haven't shopped there in a long time, but I've always been happy with my purchases.

Things are moving along in my quest toward getting the stim implant. I have an appointment for an MRI tomorrow afternoon and a follow-up appointment with my surgeon, Dr. C, next Tuesday. I won't feel confident until after that visit b/c he could always see something in my MRI scan that will keep him from moving forward to surgery. But, "Lord willin' and the creek don't rise," I hope to be setting the date very soon. I'm sorry for prattling on about this, but it's pretty much all I can think about these days.

I have to go to Walgreens to get a couple prescriptions and I think I need to go into the store for a couple other things. I'm not nearly as nervous, since tomorrow marks the two-week point after my second vaccine, and I should have a good level of immunity. My foot is not quite as wooden-feeling today as it was yesterday, so I should be able to do a quick trip around the store without risk of falling. Fingers crossed.

I don't know what supper tonight will be. I have a package of baby carrots to be steamed and some corn on the cob. Wish I was up to cooking...I'd make some fried okra and green tomatoes and a skillet of cornbread and that would make a fine supper. Oh well, I'll figure something out. I have a packet of ham I can take down from the freezer.
Patty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:00 am And Jackie- forgot to mention that I have really been enjoying my Costco cashews! It’s nice to have another option besides Walmart for groceries. And that way I still feel like I am engaging in comparison shopping in a very small way! Just wish the perishables were available too.
Both the cashews and almonds are fabulous. Great buys as well when you compare.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

good morning

i am so sleepy. My elderly pup kept me up most of the night.

He sleeps all day so he is active at night. Going to be a slow day. Need coffee....
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Afternoon...my kids and I will not eat out until May as they are doing the whole thirty bit then we will take that step. I do plan to start going to outdoor patios next week and eating and or drinking while reading and my first drive will probably be Saturday to some Lavender fields.

Today I am going to the grand opening of our craft re-use store. Theater went put of business during the pandemic and this one hopes to fill its place. Looking forward to seeing what they have. Also yo a second hand bookstore and perhaps to the thrift store for cotton and flannel shirts to upcycle...we'll see as I'm also expending a ups delivery.

Dinner will be breakfast, and I'll do my 30 minute in house program today. Also a new book and working ony improv quilt.

Not all the above will get done I will pick and choose according to energy level.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Patty, I really hope everything goes well and the neurosurgeon can do the stim implant safely. (((hugs)))

Clem, give the dog a shake to wake him up and get him outside in the sunshine. The old fellow has his days and nights mixed up.

I have been hydrating like crazy, and thus running to the restroom every hour, in an attempt to ward off shot reactions this time. No one is cleaning the tiny restroom we have to use over in the abandoned wing of the building, so I took out the trash and wiped the floor with wet paper towels on my last visit over there. It was getting just too nasty to bear.
Mackie
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:26 am So I’ve found a location of a dropbox for Better World Books and will try to get there this weekend.
I LOVE Better World Books! I even order from their UK site, to send books to my sister's children in England :-)

I"m totally LANGUISHING, myself. I've never been one to be out and about, socializing, etc, etc, and staying home during this pandemic hasn't been too hard to do, lol, but I think it's finally getting to me. Plus, all the news for the last year has been nothing but covid, covid, election, covid, etc. My house is really a jumble. Days blend together. Jimmy John's has gotten more of my stimulus money than I'd care to admit.....but I am doing my duty for the economy! lol

I need to stop in here every day, again, to read the daily check-ins. I know it does help to hear about what you all are up to, and even to hear that others are having a hard time with things.

I went to my sister's house on Saturday, for the first time in over a year (aside for a couple of times to let her dogs out when she was out of town). We've all been vaccinated, and only hung out in the kitchen a few minutes, distanced, so I could see how she redecorated a bit, then hung out in the backyard to see what they've done out there. It felt kind of strange! I was there for only about 15 minutes.....we know that being vaccinated isn't a free pass to cozy up together. We might actually go out of town to one of the larger cities to shop a little next week. I have no shopping to do, but I haven't been out of town since December 2019! I don't drive out of town, myself, because the "chronic venous insufficiency" of my legs makes it really uncomfortable to drive there and back.

Today I smell like generic "Tiger Balm" from Dollar Tree, which is actually a nice menthol smell, but my knees and back are insisting that we will have rain within the next couple of days. LOL
ohjodi