Daily Check In April 24, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In April 24, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

jckitty wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:49 pm Update:

What a day!!!LOL I ended up putting my work clothes on this AM after posting and cleaned the equipment shelter....I figured I would get filthy doing it (and I did) so "got er dun " before it started raining. Came in and cleaned up , lotioned, potioned and started house stuff...the fiancé called...cleaned out some dudes barn and was bringing me what he called wicker furniture and a truckload of stuff for me to sort and deal with....having worked at the Good Will he knows that I know what I am doing.... :lol:
If it were up to him he would just burn or trash everything....I clean and sort and donate or find homes for stuff.
Hit the jackpot with this stuff, really nice blankets, towels and bedding. I have an adopted grand that is fixing to go out on their own and offered blankets and bedding...score!!!.
The other blankets I am laundering and donating to the homeless shelter and humane society. He is giving some of the pink bedding to a friend who has girls so it has found a home.
He took all of this stuff because he just wanted the totes it was in....
He looked like Mr Haney from the show Green acres when he came pulling in with a truck pulling a trailer and the stuff was over the tops of both, he had to strap it in LOL.
He took the stuff that men like to his house, wood, metal, pipes and etc.

So I am doing laundry and fixing up stuff for donating...

Off to fold more stuff!

JCKitty
I LOVE this! I hate seeing things thrown away. It is so great to find good homes for items. I tried to do this with mom’s house - friends, homeless, animal shelter and then Salvation Army and church school thrift store. Four stars for you, Kitty (and fiancé, too)!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Thanks FloridaCat,

I have to admit I do like doing this stuff, I want it cleaned and then distributed. I don't want it just hanging around.
JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

What a day!!!LOL I ended up putting my work clothes on this AM after posting and cleaned the equipment shelter....I figured I would get filthy doing it (and I did) so "got er dun " before it started raining. Came in and cleaned up , lotioned, potioned and started house stuff...the fiancé called...cleaned out some dudes barn and was bringing me what he called wicker furniture and a truckload of stuff for me to sort and deal with....having worked at the Good Will he knows that I know what I am doing.... :lol:
If it were up to him he would just burn or trash everything....I clean and sort and donate or find homes for stuff.
Hit the jackpot with this stuff, really nice blankets, towels and bedding. I have an adopted grand that is fixing to go out on their own and offered blankets and bedding...score!!!.
The other blankets I am laundering and donating to the homeless shelter and humane society. He is giving some of the pink bedding to a friend who has girls so it has found a home.
He looked like Mr Haney from the show Green acres when he came pulling in with a truck pulling a trailer and the stuff was over the tops of both, he had to strap it in LOL.

Off to fold more stuff!

JCKitty
Great save on the frugal front with sorting and donating.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Off to fold more stuff!

JCKitty
I can just picture this in my mind. Wonderful that everything now has a new home (or will have a new home shortly). Good for you and your fiancé.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:56 pm Maggie, oh Maggie, I wish your bosses would leave you alone. It seems the demands on your time have gotten so much more the past six months.

I hope you can relax this evening. I think it is good that you have the t-shirt quilt project as a distraction some of the time.

Hope your rash gets better soon. (I know your mom knows what’s what, but could the rash be stress? My mom had a car accident with me in the car when I was a baby and the next day she broke out with hives.)
Thanks FLC, I think it is a bit better this morning. I rally have no balance in my life right now. I just posted in Sunday's update that I need to shake things up and now that I am fully vaccinated, it is time to start participating with my social/support group outings. I have to make a decision between physical heath (Covid) and my mental heath (which also has physical health implications.) So yes, it is possible the rash is stress-related, except it is rather localized.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Off to fold more stuff!

JCKitty
Awesome!