Daily Check In April 24, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In April 24, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:12 pm Good morning all

Beautiful day here. Nice and sunny with a cool breeze. We had quite the thunderstorms last night. Didn't last long here but areas around us had hail and heavy winds. Trees knocked down, power outages.

The rain just poured down. We do need it. Maybe for about 15 minutes. Better than nothing.

I am still not feeling 100%. Today got up at 8 and took the dogs out. Then went back to bed. Is it covid fatique?

Just took a hot shower so I can snap out of it. i'm dressed and plan to do laundry. It is hard to get motivated. Oh well. We shall see.

Have a great day.
Clem~ from what I have heard from people that have had covid....the fatigue can last quite a while.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

chocolite wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:26 pm Afternoon all --

C Trees, I hope you feel right as rain soon.

DH and I had an outing today. We went to lunch at Red Robin. First time we've eaten out since October. It was really nice to be out. They had limited seating and it felt super safe. Just after we got home the skies opened up. I was glad to miss the rain but it totally would have been worth it to get wet. :-)

I've been rewatching Dexter on Prime. Several months ago, I had heard they were reviving the series but haven't heard anything since. But just in case, I'll be freshly caught up, lol.
Thanks Patty....starting to feel a bit better.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:01 pm Trees, are you feeling any better? Take care of yourself.
I am starting to move around a little easier. I don't even know what I did.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Hi all~
My poor DDIL got hit REALLY hard with her second shot. Fever....chills...slept for 12 hours straight.
Starting to move around a little easier.
Maggie...you really do get work piled on you.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I pushed through and finished several tasks

Organizing my tee top drawer was one. I had been basically living out of my laundry basket

Just like in high school. LOL

My mom said she never knew if she was washing clean or dirty clothes - i was bad.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

What a day!!!LOL I ended up putting my work clothes on this AM after posting and cleaned the equipment shelter....I figured I would get filthy doing it (and I did) so "got er dun " before it started raining. Came in and cleaned up , lotioned, potioned and started house stuff...the fiancé called...cleaned out some dudes barn and was bringing me what he called wicker furniture and a truckload of stuff for me to sort and deal with....having worked at the Good Will he knows that I know what I am doing.... :lol:
If it were up to him he would just burn or trash everything....I clean and sort and donate or find homes for stuff.
Hit the jackpot with this stuff, really nice blankets, towels and bedding. I have an adopted grand that is fixing to go out on their own and offered blankets and bedding...score!!!.
The other blankets I am laundering and donating to the homeless shelter and humane society. He is giving some of the pink bedding to a friend who has girls so it has found a home.
He took all of this stuff because he just wanted the totes it was in....
He looked like Mr Haney from the show Green acres when he came pulling in with a truck pulling a trailer and the stuff was over the tops of both, he had to strap it in LOL.
He took the stuff that men like to his house, wood, metal, pipes and etc.

So I am doing laundry and fixing up stuff for donating...

Off to fold more stuff!

JCKitty