Daily Check in April 28, 2012

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in April 28, 2012

Post by Jackielou »

chocolite wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:18 pm Good morning, all. I have good news: I'M GETTING MY SURGERY!!!

I saw my new surgeon, Dr. C, yesterday. So after the tech finishes her stuff with me I'm sitting there anxiously waiting on him. He opens the door and stands there, looking at me. Of course, we're both wearing masks, so all I can see is his eyes. But he's not saying anything. So I raise an eyebrow, like ???????. His eyes crinkle and he says, "You ready?" And I'm sputtering, like "Really? REALLY?" :-D He says Yep, let's get this thing going, I'll send my nurse in." And then he gives me a high five and walks out. Literally the fewest words I've ever exchanged with a doctor during an office visit. And the best.

My MRI report shows there is still signal abnormality and narrowing in my spinal cord, almost certainly residual from the MRSA abscess. Reading this, it's quite clear that I dodged a bullet and, as bad as it is, it could've been so much worse.

Surgery is scheduled for 5/18, DH's birthday, bless him. It's going to be at the huge university hospital downtown (where, please Dear God, they know how to sterilize an OR). It will be outpatient if all goes well.

Although it's hard for me to think of anything else, I did manage to put in a Kroger order last night and I'm picking it up this afternoon. I'm also going to pick up my flower card flowers for April. I've been cutting my own the past couple weeks, and I almost let the month go by.
Wonderful news Patty. I am joining in on that Happy dance.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Back from the food bank.

Not as much heavy lifting as before. I was doing the bread type stuff, so not too heavy.

Still a good workout

Good to see that the other volunteers are older and all have health issues - but still out there. Keeping active as long as they can.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

jckitty wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:15 am Good late morning all,

I really slept hard until about 2:30, had to take heartburn tabs and finally got back to sleep :roll:
It is warm, overcast and spitting rain. will keep the windows open as long as possible as the fresh air is wonderful.

I will deep clean bath and utility room today along with the regular house chores. DD texted that someone in her office brought her a bag of rhubarb for me ( egg recipient) so I see some pie and crisp in the near future LOL.

I hope to get my pot plants maybe tomorrow or Friday...once planted I think I am mostly done with outside other than mowing and maintenance. Painting the decks will happen at some point but at least the plants will jazz things up.
May is such a pricey month. property taxes and etc. I hope to be able to get to use my camper in May depends on the weather but I am so ready!

I am redoing "my pavilion/hut" at the campground with stuff I already have so that is a fun frugal project to look forward too. :D
Off to do something

MJ is the plant you are looking for a Caladium ? Is it a bulb? If so, they have them at home centers around here and start in price at about 10.00....maybe they are in Canadian home centers also?

JCKitty
Pot plants?! Kitty, are you into making some pocket money? :P

I looked up the Caladium plant and it isn't an Elephant Ears. The Elephant Ears that I had was started as a shoot and I started one for a friend that way too. Unfortunately, during last year's lockdown, her plant died while she was locked down at home and away from the office. Mine? Shamefully, I say it was from neglect. My current plants are all doing well and healthy so I'd like to get another Elephant Ears to add back into them.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

chocolite wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:18 pm Good morning, all. I have good news: I'M GETTING MY SURGERY!!!

I saw my new surgeon, Dr. C, yesterday. So after the tech finishes her stuff with me I'm sitting there anxiously waiting on him. He opens the door and stands there, looking at me. Of course, we're both wearing masks, so all I can see is his eyes. But he's not saying anything. So I raise an eyebrow, like ???????. His eyes crinkle and he says, "You ready?" And I'm sputtering, like "Really? REALLY?" :-D He says Yep, let's get this thing going, I'll send my nurse in." And then he gives me a high five and walks out. Literally the fewest words I've ever exchanged with a doctor during an office visit. And the best.

My MRI report shows there is still signal abnormality and narrowing in my spinal cord, almost certainly residual from the MRSA abscess. Reading this, it's quite clear that I dodged a bullet and, as bad as it is, it could've been so much worse.

Surgery is scheduled for 5/18, DH's birthday, bless him. It's going to be at the huge university hospital downtown (where, please Dear God, they know how to sterilize an OR). It will be outpatient if all goes well.

Although it's hard for me to think of anything else, I did manage to put in a Kroger order last night and I'm picking it up this afternoon. I'm also going to pick up my flower card flowers for April. I've been cutting my own the past couple weeks, and I almost let the month go by.
Patty!
My dear friend that is the most amazing and exciting news!! What a doc! Must have a good sense of humor! Sounds like mine who did my neurosurgery when I had that cyst on my spinal cord that paralyzed me from the waist down. All the hard work they do, I guess they make up for it elsewhere.

I'm so excited for you!! We will all be counting down the days. WOOT!! WOOT!!

MJ
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:31 pm I’m taking a break from decluttering. I have 10+ more books, including some large ones, to go in the donation pile. I’ve been moving things around, dusting as I go. Bad news is I found another stack of 10-12 decorating magazines I had put on a bookshelf. I’m tempted to not even look at them and let them go. We’ll see.
Books are mainly my clutter problem. I have a couple of hundred at least. Many are of my Victorian research for my website, puzzle books (about 56 of various types) and a few knickknacks. I have Jonathon Byron birds, three or 4 of which I plan on getting rid of as well as several ceramic Victorian houses around Christmas time. Between the books and the Christmas decorations, these are what is taking up most of my shelf storage space. I won't get into my linen closet stuff, but I've been taking stuff out of there for a while and disposing of it, but it seems to keep coming out of the walls.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute le monde!!

I made a delicious and extremely easy rhubarb crisp for a lunch dessert today. I got the recipe from my high school best friend who now teaches home ec. We were both in 4-H together and have been besties since 7th grade. The recipe was great because it was done in two parts and you could melt the butter and do the sugar sauce in the microwave.

I am still so excited about getting a bicycle again. I think my last one was stolen about 7 years ago. This time? I'm storing it inside the apartment. The woman selling it to me might come into town today and bring the bicycle at the same time. That would be a bonus for me. If I need to make the road trip? I love road trips! The only thing is it won't fit all the way in the car and I will have to ratchet strap the trunk down and take a big old blanket to prevent the bike's paint from being scratched. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she is coming to town tonight! :)

2:00 pm and I'm finally having coffee for today. I goofed around this morning. I was so tired! I went back for a half hour's cat nap and that has rejuvenated me.

I ran the dishwasher last night and will unload it today. There are a few things I'd like to put away in the kitchen and do a bit of organizing so that will be the next step.

Like Jackie, we had the same weather and now "her" cold front has come through!! LOL It's not as nice as yesterday but it isn't snowing so I'll take that. I would like more sun though.

That's the skinny from here!!

MJ