Daily Check in April 29, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in April 29, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I got my phone back and had a nice visit with my friend. Of course I came home and singed into work. We are still trying to finish up an investigation. Oh, and another friend sent me a job listing, so I sent in my resume for than.

I NEED to start stitching up the T-shirts. It is a matter of sitting down and doing them. My mojo has gone.

We are expecting rain today. Yesterday it was overcast but the rain did not come until evening. We need it, we are behind on our rainfall.

I want to find a financial planner and get an assessment for where I am with my retirement savings. I went on line and pulled my Social Security statement. I have not received one in a few years. That made me feel better. My aim is to see what a pay cut would do to me.

Patty, congratulations on the new surgeon. I pray it all goes well.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in April 29, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning Maggie and all.

Maggie, I’m sure you know this but be careful in choosing a financial planner. Avoid ones who want to sell you something. Your investment club probably has suggestions of good ones.

I slept pretty well. I did get up to feed Pippi early and went back to bed.

I plan to go to mom’s house. On the way I’ll drop off the box of toiletries at Salvation Army. I am hoping to trim the schefflera and also get rid of a bee mud nest in the corner of the bathroom window (outside). Both will require either the stepstool or ladder. I won’t take any chances and will put my phone in my pocket.

Sunday is the day of the play at the theater group I want to support. So I’ll try to drop the book donations at the dropbox tomorrow morning before Pippi’s vet visit. (Shopping center is in a crowded area so Sunday is the better day to go there but oh well.) I just want them out of my laundry room so I won’t be tempted to save them.

Have a good day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:25 am Good Morning,

I got my phone back and had a nice visit with my friend. Of course I came home and singed into work. We are still trying to finish up an investigation. Oh, and another friend sent me a job listing, so I sent in my resume for than.

I NEED to start stitching up the T-shirts. It is a matter of sitting down and doing them. My mojo has gone.

We are expecting rain today. Yesterday it was overcast but the rain did not come until evening. We need it, we are behind on our rainfall.

I want to find a financial planner and get an assessment for where I am with my retirement savings. I went on line and pulled my Social Security statement. I have not received one in a few years. That made me feel better. My aim is to see what a pay cut would do to me.

Patty, congratulations on the new surgeon. I pray it all goes well.

Have a great day,
Maggie
My mojo seems to have disappeared as well. I have those two tops to sew, another quilt top to fashion and then two quilts to sandwich, quilt and bind. I sure hope it comes back quickly.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

We had some severe thunderstorms last night, some area had Tornado warnings.

Sometime during the night my power went out. I don’t know how long it was out. But it came back on shortly after 4:30 this morning.

There are more storms to the west. I don’t know how much rain we got officially but there were high water rescues in some areas. I do know we got more rain over night than we have in one day since October 2019.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It is a bit overcast today and I am keeping my fingers crossed for rain, we could use a good long soaking. So dry out there even with the wet snow we got a few weeks ago.

My walk will be later today as I will need to pick Hubby up from the dealership when he drops off his truck. I went in the other direction from home yesterday and it was nice to see new streets and become acquainted with that part of the city once again. My goodness there have been changes, mainly one of our older more historic homes was torn down, bit empty lot there now. I can't believe I never noticed that on my drives to the church to drop off an envelop!!!!

I will not be shopping today, instead I will drop by the bank, and drop in to the pharmacy at some point, or I could wait until tomorrow and combine that with my trip across town to the dentist. That sounds a better plan and probably the more frugal of the two.

Other frugal happenings will be the usual. Really there is not much going on in my boring life. We don't go anywhere, or do anything, travel is still not recommended and we are not allowed to have anyone in our homes that is not in our household bubble. Add in that it is too cold to have anyone over to sit on the deck and we have become recluses in our own home. I think we might need to go for a drive out into the country once again.

Supper tonight is going to be hamburger soup. It is the last container of that from the freezer. I actually think I only have a couple of containers of meals left and I hope to use them up quickly.

Today I am grateful I have all that I need and lots of my wants as well thanks to gifts from our DS's and Hubby.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

My mojo has been gone so long the dogs would growl at it if it showed back up. :-D

I have become slightly more disciplined lately about prepping for the next day immediately after coming home from work. This keeps me from wandering around the kitchen at 10 p.m., yawning and grumpy, while laying out bowls and mugs for the morning and packing my lunch. The trick is just to not take off my shoes until I'm done with everything. Then the slippers go on and I can sit on the sofa to talk to DH.

DH had his second vaccine dose yesterday and had chills and body aches by evening. He got up this morning to feed the dogs and let them out to relieve themselves, but put himself back to bed because things hurt less lying down. He's supposed to take Lily Dog to the vet this morning (he will stay in the car while they pick her up curbside) and I hope he feels up to doing it, poor guy. His car has heated seats, so maybe that will help while he waits.

Work today will probably be the same as usual: a little paperwork, monitor the board, not much else. We received official word yesterday that because local vaccination rates are so low (only 26% of the population here is fully vaccinated), we will be required to continue to wear masks both outdoors and indoors at work for the duration, however long that may be. I had already figured that would be the case.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie