Daily Check in April 30, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in April 30, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

FrugalMom, There was a recent story that prices are increasing and they mentioned three specific things - diapers, cereal and toilet paper. That is probably why the Costco shopper was stocking up.

Creative, congrats on your vaccine. Finally!

MJ, that is so great that you will have a furry friend! You will be a wonderful pet mama. You speak so lovingly about the pups you care for from time to time. I hate driving with the trunk tied down. Hope the bike rack works out.

Kitty, I, too, would love to see the door. You did a great job on it.

I’m waiting to watch a presentation on Amtrak’s 50th Anniversary. “Amtrak Joe” is supposed to speak.

I have not done much of anything since Pippi and I got home. It was so hot waiting in the car at the vet. At moms house I put Pippi inside because I didn’t want to leave her in the hot car while I did a few things. I had an unopened can of cat food there from the other day. Pippi is always hungry after her vet visits.

OK, Joe is on so I’ll leave it there.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

jckitty wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:56 pm Clem,
does your sister have anyone who could go to her doc appointments and have another set of ears to hear her instructions and diet? Would she even allow someone to hear and help? Could it be done by zoom?
Sounds a lot like my mom...

I installed the brass kick plates on the door! they look good, I have to do a retouch of paint cause I put a nick in it :( and I clipped a finger with my drill.... peroxide and a band aid and I am fine...it ticks me off more than hurts LOL

Beef stew is started and smells good! Next up is running the floor cleaner...sun is shining and it seems to be warming up a bit...getting some wind though. Was going to paint a couple of yard rockers but the wind...so on to "plan B" might nap later...cause I can...

JCKitty
Yes her son or DIL go with her. Her daughter recently moved out of state, so can't go

I used to go with her, but then I thought, her kids need to get involved. She didn't want to bother them. Ugh no - not a good idea. We used to always go with my mom. Well i did.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I have done a lot today!!

Grocery shopping included and planted the tomato.

changed out bedding.

Now to rest.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My H-E-B came as scheduled between 9:30 - 10:30 am.

I have gotten no texts so should be getting everything.

This morningI finished unloading the dishwasher and have put all the dishwasher dishes into the it. I have a few hand dishes to do.

I gathered and put out the garbage/and trash. I had one very full bag plus a small supper market bag. As I finished a container of milk after I put out the big bag.

I have to check out my new shoes and next trash day put out those boxes. They are the same ones that I have gotten for several years.

Penny
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Okay, this may be an off the wall question but....

I have a large peanut butter jar...plastic and I would like to use it for storage of leftovers, broth or etc.
How do I know if it is BPA free and safe to do so?
My reasoning is if it came with peanut butter in it I would think it is safe but I can't find any markings on it.
Any ideas???
Thanks, JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

We are still getting rain tonight.

Sad cuz there are several events going on tonight and tomorrow. We have voting for city mayor and council. I early voted, so no big deal, but if this rain continues into tomorrow people might not go.

And then we are under a flash flood watch.