Daily Check in April 30, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in April 30, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

jckitty wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:11 pm Okay, this may be an off the wall question but....

I have a large peanut butter jar...plastic and I would like to use it for storage of leftovers, broth or etc.
How do I know if it is BPA free and safe to do so?
My reasoning is if it came with peanut butter in it I would think it is safe but I can't find any markings on it.
Any ideas???
Thanks, JCKitty
what brand and size?

Might be able to google?
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:32 pm Bonne apres midi toute le monde!!

I was up at 7:30 am and messaged my friend, "Good morning!!" and then turned on the morning news. WHOA! I couldn't even focus I was still so tired! So I went back to bed and woke-up again at 9:30 am. MUCH better!

The friend I messaged this morning received her Pfizer vaccine yesterday. Today? She is off work with all over body pain and fatigue. Poor thing. I got away scott free on the first vaccine shot. Now? Just waiting around until our self-designated "epidemiologist" businessman Premier's 4 months until my next shot. I hope waiting all that time doesn't affect the efficacy. I also just want to have it done and be FULLY vaccinated. This same Premier has the "brilliant" plan of having all the teachers go to North Dakota to a vaccine site they will set-up at the border for them instead of just designating them at high priority for vaccines in the province. What can I say? He's a conservative, more concerned with money than lives.

I've been hanging out in my bathrobe waiting to take a shower. I am waiting on a phone call and you just KNOW that as soon as I get in the shower the phone will ring and I will miss that important call. I decided to make some coffee and am now having my two cups for the day and after they are gone? I'm risking it and having my shower!

What I am waiting on is a call from some people selling a car bike rack for only $20. I REALLY want it today so I can go get my new bike. I've been panicking about packing it into the car and having it rub against the open trunk while I drive the 1.5 hours home. A cheap bike rack? Perfect!! I had to go to Canadian Tire to buy bubble wrap (to wrap around parts of the bike that would come in contact with the open trunk) and tie down straps. Believe me, the $20 bike carrier is much cheaper and more appropriate. I'm just really anxious that I can get it today so I can go get the bicycle. I'm not sure the seller will wait until tomorrow. I got the money out of the bank and am ready to go but the bike carrier would be peachy and I could sell it again.

MORE big news!!! On our local "People of Brandon" page, someone was giving away a little hamster with cage and everything!! I have been looking for a little furry friend since Christmas but on my budget (yes, despite the bike spending splurge (income tax return is now gone), I do keep a budget!! LOL) I couldn't afford what the sellers on the Marketplace site were asking, the cage is mostly the big part of the cost. I've had hamsters before. I then was given budgies for a Christmas present and had them for over 10 years until they died. I am going to be a new Fur Kid's MOM!! It's a little girl hamster and her current Mom is giving her away due to her pandemic work hours not being conducive to taking care of her (I think she is currently working two jobs). I pick her up today too! Her name is Rem but I'm thinking I'll have to adjust her name or I'll adjust to Rem.

It looks like it might rain out there. I'm good for that as, just like over at Jackie's (we are only about 3.5 hours apart) house, it is VERY dry over here. We didn't really get any fall rains and while I enjoyed not having any huge snow dumps or blizzards this winter, we still haven't had any rain and everything is dry as a bone. Like Jackie, I am hoping for rain for farmers and gardeners and just all the outdoor plants and animals.

Well, that's the skinny from here!!

MJ
MJ congrats on your new fur baby.. They add so much to our lives no matter how big or small.
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Okay, I looked it over and found markings on it that say PETE in the recycle triangle and according to Mr Google I should be able to reuse it for food storage.

I can't say how big it is because i ripped the paper label off and threw it away :roll: but it looks to be more than a quart.
I want to use it for dried seasoned bread crumbs and keep it in the freezer. or broth.

Found a big morel mushroom..right beside my front sidewalk!!!
JCKitty
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

JCkitty... DH just looked it up. All peanut butter made and packaged in the USA is BPA free.

Regards,
JGomez
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It has been raining for several hours now

People on Facebook have posted about having water leaks in their homes.

No TV since the satellite signal can't get through.

I guess here it is either drought or flood - lol :shock:
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

Mrscreative wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:17 pm Good afternoon beautiful people,

Beautiful bright sunny day today with warmer temperatures. It was perfect weather for me to wait outside for my vaccine. My day finally arrived and I received a Pfizer vaccine. The whole process went seamlessly. Afterwards Dh and I celebrated with a walk by the waterfront. So far no side effects aside from a slightly stiff arm.

Nothing much planned for today. I responded to a cousin about some genealogy information. Nice to hear from you again Ellen.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Thank you! Always good to read what is up with you as well-love your positivity and like I can picture the beautiful day and waterfront with you! Glad you are protected and safe with the vaccine! My daughter came home to get her second dose today as well-so far, so good-no side effects yet! Although, my second dose hit me at night and packed a whammy like a big rig truck ran over me and backed up and ran over me again-lol! Hopefully, you will do fine (as well as my daughter) and no side effects for either of you!