Daily Check in April 30, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

Re: Daily Check in April 30, 2021

Post by frugalmom »

Lol-good to know! My mom didn't have time to go to Tupperware parties as she worked. These days though I like Tupperware, but it is so expensive. We are Rubbermaid or Dollar Tree people! But they still call my husband the Tupperware man (since he brings the Rubbermaid or DT containers everywhere with him!). He will go to family's houses so he gets the leftovers to take home so the food doesn't go to waste (the rest of our family throws it out and doesn't eat leftovers!). We can sometimes feed the family for a week on the leftovers and I don't have to cook, so I am fine with that! It gives ME a break!

I felt bad bc I was PTA VP and we did a Tupperware fundraiser and we barely made any money. In fact, the rep who was from the richer town over couldn't believe it and put us down saying that is the lowest she ever made in sales from a fundraiser. The fact was we didn't know how expensive Tupperware was and our families here were on the lower spectrum of income levels, so mainly it was the teachers who bought these containers. Even then I was middle income(husband-I was not working), but still I thought they were expensive too and I did buy just bc it was our fundraiser, so had to support it! :?
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

frugalmom wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:39 pm Thank you! Always good to read what is up with you as well-love your positivity and like I can picture the beautiful day and waterfront with you! Glad you are protected and safe with the vaccine! My daughter came home to get her second dose today as well-so far, so good-no side effects yet! Although, my second dose hit me at night and packed a whammy like a big rig truck ran over me and backed up and ran over me again-lol! Hopefully, you will do fine (as well as my daughter) and no side effects for either of you!
This is just my first vaccine. Canada is so behind the U.S. in the administration of vaccines. In our city it had finally opened up to 60 to 65 year olds. So now I will feel somewhat safer,,but still will continue to be very cautious. The good news is that Canada is supposed to receive a huge shipment of both Pfizer and Moderna next week, so hopefully the timeframe for the second vaccine will be moved up a bit.

Creative
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:25 pm This is just my first vaccine. Canada is so behind the U.S. in the administration of vaccines. In our city it had finally opened up to 60 to 65 year olds. So now I will feel somewhat safer,,but still will continue to be very cautious. The good news is that Canada is supposed to receive a huge shipment of both Pfizer and Moderna next week, so hopefully the timeframe for the second vaccine will be moved up a bit.

Creative
My province is open to 40 year old's now. Almost 1/2 the population of Saskatchewan has received their first shot. I really think that it is 1/2 as we have lots of anti-vaccine/anti-mask people here who won't get it (or at least that is what they say). Our population is much lower than yours though and we are known for not wasting a shot. I think our roll out was better as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I actually come from the Tupperware is frugal perspective lol. Of you store it so you know there the kids are and wash on the top they last forever. I've had my large seal a meal for well past ten years for one example.
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

Quilter51 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:04 pm I actually come from the Tupperware is frugal perspective lol. Of you store it so you know there the kids are and wash on the top they last forever. I've had my large seal a meal for well past ten years for one example.
Yes it is a good product (wish it was a bit cheaper though so I could buy more of it!) and lasts forever! BUT my Rubbermaid ones lasted long too! Come to think of it although the Dollar Store ones are thinner they lasted as well. The only problem is like yesterday all of my kids came over and then half of my containers are gone as they take food home with them so I tell them they don't have to cook! So now I buy those Glad ones that they can take home and we use those all the time as well and they last too!
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Jackielou wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:58 pm My province is open to 40 year old's now. Almost 1/2 the population of Saskatchewan has received their first shot. I really think that it is 1/2 as we have lots of anti-vaccine/anti-mask people here who won't get it (or at least that is what they say). Our population is much lower than yours though and we are known for not wasting a shot. I think our roll out was better as well.
It definitely was Jackie. Our pharmacies have run out of AstraZeneca and they were offering to a slightly younger crowd of 55 Plus. The only people vaccinated in Ontario who are younger than 55 are health care workers or those who live in an assisted living facility.