Today's Find

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Beverley

Today's Find

Post by Beverley »

Hi Frugals!

On my way home from work I stopped at a yard sale by my house. I found a Romertopf 2 piece baking set for $2.00. I have heard good things about this bakeware from a few people I know locally. Have any of you ever used one?

Bev
floridacatlover

Re: Today's Find

Post by floridacatlover »

I have not used one. I was pretty sure I knew what it was but I googled it. One, you got a GREAT deal! It looks like they sell for $50-$90. Two, it says not to use soap (or dish liquid) to clean it, just hot water and a nylon brush or pad. I would not have guessed that. Enjoy it, Bev!
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Thank you! I am as pleased as punch over it. My friend found hers at a yard sale as well. I googled and book marked a couple of pages with instructions.

Bev
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

Nice Find. Enjoy!
Last edited by jgomez1002 on Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Great find Bev!
I had one, used it alot but...I broke it :(
I do remember making a pork and mushroom goulash dish in it that was divine. Pork, onions, potatoes and mushrooms and spices and broth.
Roast chicken and veggies were awesome also.

I had found mine at a rummage sale, never used and was intrigued.
Have fun with it!!!
JCKitty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Bev, that is so great! I love hearing about when people make great discoveries like that. Enjoy!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz