My tips.. What are yours?

Wow us with your best money-saving tips.
dlrcpa

Re: My tips.. What are yours?

Post by dlrcpa »

Well, I am still using Kohl's coupons. Received a $5 coupon this week. I got dish towels marked down to $6.99. I had my $5 coupon. The cashier insisted on scanning an additional coupon of some sort, so I paid $1.69 instead of $2.11. Happy dance. 8-)

New tip - I love vinyl shelf paper. I was cleaning the laundry room closet. Most of the shelf paper just wiped clean nicely. I only had to replace 1 piece that had tears. Looks like NEW.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

dlrcpa wrote:If you are planning a party, clean each room a month or two ahead of time like you are cleaning for the party. If you find something that needs to be repaired or cleaned in a special way, you will have time to get that done early.
dlrcpa,

Have you ever tried FlyLady's zone cleaning? I thought I was a pretty decent housekeeper until I tried out her method of zone cleaning and it changed my life. I'd nearly kill myself in the Fall and Spring with cleaning. I don't subscribe to her daily e-mails as I don't need them, but I have a small list of daily chores and spend 15 minutes a day on a zone and I'm done, my house is completely decluttered and everything has it's place, thanks to her.

No more working my tail off in the fall and spring and my house looks marvelous 99% of the time and is company ready except for putting fresh sheets on a bed or fresh towels in a bathroom. Look at her website, it might be something that you could pick up some tips from. http://www.flylady.net/d/zones/
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

I have heard of her and seen her web site. I'm not working myself to a frazzle, just motivated to have everything looking extra-nice. This weekend I'll be polishing the silver and dusting the blinds. ;)
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Received another Kohl's $5 off $5 coupon in the mail. Happy dance. :D
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

I used the $5 coupon to buy 2 more hand towels for the master bath for $1 and change.

They sent me a $10 off $10 coupon good until 1pm on Black Friday. They have done this several years now. 2 years ago I went first thing in the morning and it was quiet and they had loads of cashiers. So I definitely plan to use the new coupon too.
nbeaver

Post by nbeaver »

dlrcpa wrote:I used the $5 coupon to buy 2 more hand towels for the master bath for $1 and change.

They sent me a $10 off $10 coupon good until 1pm on Black Friday. They have done this several years now. 2 years ago I went first thing in the morning and it was quiet and they had loads of cashiers. So I definitely plan to use the new coupon too.
I got a $10 off on $10 coupon from J.C. Penny's. I found a men's sleep outfit for my grown son for next Xmas marked down from $50 to $14. The cashier added another 20% off code from somewhere and took my coupon. Paid a little over $2. Fun! I have another to use before the end of February.