My tips.. What are yours?

Wow us with your best money-saving tips.
dlrcpa

Re: My tips.. What are yours?

Post by dlrcpa »

Store customer cards are great. Lately there have been a lot of give-aways. I get a notice via e-mail, print the coupon or add the item to my shoppers card, go to the store and get it. I have gotten dog food and treats (each priced at $10), several items at the grocery store priced around $2-4 for free. This morning I received e-mail from J C Penney with a "reward" coupon for $10 off $10 purchase. I make an effort to use these coupons because they add up. :D
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

Ten off Ten is a great coupon! The problem with me is I would get in there and spend much more. I have to stay out of kohls for that very reason. cj
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Having bought what I needed for the winter from JC Penney, I've been tossing out the coupons they keep mailing me. It keeps me from buying stuff we do not need. DH and I were talking this morning about how little we now feel we actually need, as we're closing in on paying off our mortgage.

Now, I did get some amazing deals combining those JCP coupons with clearance, but I can see how it would lead to a spending problem in no time flat!
Mackie
blondeinbuffalo

mackie, I have to do the same with kohls coupons, in the trash, do not even make it inside the house! best tips for me is the same stay out of stores and stay off line when tempted to buy! cj
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

If you are planning a party, clean each room a month or two ahead of time like you are cleaning for the party. If you find something that needs to be repaired or cleaned in a special way, you will have time to get that done early.
blondeinbuffalo

very true, dl. I will start my fall cleaning in prep for holidays this weekend. drapes and windows first.

my tip is balance you checkbook often, avoid over drafts! cj