Make things go further, last longer tip

Wow us with your best money-saving tips.
littlemiss63

Re: Make things go further, last longer tip

Post by littlemiss63 »

I know that I have shared this before on the forum, but it doesn't hurt to re-vist a tip. Make-up and moisturizers cost lots of money and when mine begins to be hard to squeeze from the tube I go to the kitchen and get me a zip baggie and cut the end off. I place it in the zip baggie where it doesn't dry out and honestly you will be amazed at how much is left in a tube that you were about to throw away.

I also dig out my favorite lipsticks when it gets even with the tube, and put the same amount of Vaseline with it. Place in your microwave for a few seconds, stir with a toothpick or skewer to mix and it makes a great lip gloss. I saved a little container that concealer came in that had a screw on top. I think Gayle makes her on lip balm and she might have a different idea of how she stores. Go the Amazon web-site and type in glass lip balm containers to see all that are available.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

littlemiss63 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:00 am I know that I have shared this before on the forum, but it doesn't hurt to re-vist a tip. Make-up and moisturizers cost lots of money and when mine begins to be hard to squeeze from the tube I go to the kitchen and get me a zip baggie and cut the end off. I place it in the zip baggie where it doesn't dry out and honestly you will be amazed at how much is left in a tube that you were about to throw away.

I also dig out my favorite lipsticks when it gets even with the tube, and put the same amount of Vaseline with it. Place in your microwave for a few seconds, stir with a toothpick or skewer to mix and it makes a great lip gloss. I saved a little container that concealer came in that had a screw on top. I think Gayle makes her on lip balm and she might have a different idea of how she stores. Go the Amazon web-site and type in glass lip balm containers to see all that are available.
I love this tip littlemiss! I am always in favor of getting to use every bit of something that I paid for!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

HappyDaze wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:36 pm I love this tip littlemiss! I am always in favor of getting to use every bit of something that I paid for!
Shelia, I hope it's something that you can use. It had always just bugged me to no end that I had to leave anything in a tube or bottle. I paid for it and I want it!!!!

The first of January I cut the ends from a tube of moisturizer and Tarte Make-up, it has lasted me a month and I put on makeup every day. I was amazed at how much I couldn't get out of that one. The moisturizer there wasn't as much, but it will last me through the end of the weeks. I have saved myself from opening a new tube for at least a month, and I like that. I do the same thing with hand cream or lotion.

I also turn ketchup and mustard bottles upside down in the refrigerator. Once I get all the ketchup I can then I put a little water in it, shake it up and use when I make a vegetable soup. If I could figure out something to put watered down mustard into I would. LOL So happy to hear that things are going well for you. You sound happy.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

littlemiss63 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:05 pm Shelia, I hope it's something that you can use. It had always just bugged me to no end that I had to leave anything in a tube or bottle. I paid for it and I want it!!!!

The first of January I cut the ends from a tube of moisturizer and Tarte Make-up, it has lasted me a month and I put on makeup every day. I was amazed at how much I couldn't get out of that one. The moisturizer there wasn't as much, but it will last me through the end of the weeks. I have saved myself from opening a new tube for at least a month, and I like that. I do the same thing with hand cream or lotion.

I also turn ketchup and mustard bottles upside down in the refrigerator. Once I get all the ketchup I can then I put a little water in it, shake it up and use when I make a vegetable soup. If I could figure out something to put watered down mustard into I would. LOL So happy to hear that things are going well for you. You sound happy.
Indeed littlemiss, life is good! I have put watered down mustard into cooked rice, cooked pasta, etc. I just can't throw it out - I bought it, lol!!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

HappyDaze wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:19 pm Indeed littlemiss, life is good! I have put watered down mustard into cooked rice, cooked pasta, etc. I just can't throw it out - I bought it, lol!!
Thanks so much for that tip on putting mustard into cooked rice and pasta. I love mustard and that would spice it up a little. Never thought about that.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:05 pm Shelia, I hope it's something that you can use. It had always just bugged me to no end that I had to leave anything in a tube or bottle. I paid for it and I want it!!!!

Libby when my mustard is still clinging to the bottle and will not come down anymore I make potato salad. I pour leftover pickle juice or vinegar in to the bottle and shake it really well and that helps to get that last little bit out of the bottle.
Janet Alliesmama