holey socks

Wow us with your best money-saving tips.
kat

holey socks

Post by kat »

husband goes thru socks quick (course they dont make'm like they usta), anyway, anyone got any ideas what to do with the holey ones? except for the hole, they are still good - I dont sew; I've used them to pack; put around something to keep from scratching etc

any new ideas? thanks!
RecoveringDreamer

Re: holey socks

Post by RecoveringDreamer »

You can use them as rags in the house, garden or car. Use them to stuff draft dodgers (just tie the ends with yarn and you don't have to sew!).
A Life Beyond Money
Self Sufficiency. Simple Living. Frugality.

www.alifebeyondmoney.blogspot.com
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Holey socks in my house get used as rags, too.
Though you might want to give hand-mending them a try ... check YouTube, there's probably some instructions. And the mending doesn't have to look perfect ... after all, they're inside his shoes.
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Too bad you don't sew. The coolest tip I read was using the sock cuffs to extend sleeves on things that had gotten too short. People added cuffs to kids' jackets when the sleeves were too short but the body still fit. Or add to sweatpants and so on.

I got a deal on Gold Toe socks for women over a year ago and I'm very happy with them.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

dlrcpa wrote:Too bad you don't sew. The coolest tip I read was using the sock cuffs to extend sleeves on things that had gotten too short. People added cuffs to kids' jackets when the sleeves were too short but the body still fit. Or add to sweatpants and so on.
True ... I used a pair of sock cuffs to replace the worn-out cuffs on a hoodie. So far, they're holding up pretty well.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

You can also cut them into rings to use as plant ties or hair scrunchies.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/