100 Frugal Tips

Wow us with your best money-saving tips.
Liz50

Re: 100 Frugal Tips

Post by Liz50 »

39.Toss steel wool pads in the freezer to prevent them turning into little globs of rust. They thaw immediately when added to hot water. Mine keep for months on end.

I also freeze razor blades after each use.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Liz50 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:36 am 39.Toss steel wool pads in the freezer to prevent them turning into little globs of rust. They thaw immediately when added to hot water. Mine keep for months on end.

I also freeze razor blades after each use.
Nice tips Liz. Welcome to the forum. Hope to see more posts from you.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Liz50

Post by Liz50 »

Thank you, Jackielou. :)
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

This tip comes from our Credit Union newsletter:

40. If you're entering a grocery store and need just a couple of items, skip the cart.
That's right, don't take a grocery cart. This way, you won't be tempted to make unplanned purchases.

I know this sounds like a "duh" moment but I had never thought of it so I'm passing this along to you folks.

edited to add number to tip.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Shelsmiles

Post by Shelsmiles »

41. Save your foaming hand soap containers. Refill with 2 tablespoons liquid castile soap such as Dr. Bronner's.,1/2 to 1 teaspoon liquid oil such as almond, avocado, grapeseed, or olive. 10 to 15 drops essential oil such as lavender, peppermint, lemon or your own blend.

42. Save your cleaner spray bottles and refill with diluted PH Neutral cleaner such as Mr Clean or a homemade cleaning recipe.

43. Use one capful of Murphy’s Oil diluted with water in a spray bottle as a dusting spray.

44. Instead of commercial floor cleaners, use vinegar and a squirt of good dish soap in hot water. It does a great job.

45.Make it a practice to use 1/2 of whatever amount of detergent is recommended for washing your clothes or dishes.

46. Wool dryer balls

47. Also make it a practice to use half of a face cleaning wipe, half a pump of shampoo or conditioner, etc. Simply focus on using the least amount of everything that you can without noticing a difference.

48. Make your own air freshener spray

49. Buy inexpensive white terry cloth rags from the home improvement store. Use in place of paper towels where possible and then wash and reuse.

50. When vacationing with kids, have a freebies contest. Agree to spend your resources on experiences instead of souvenirs, take lots of pictures and whoever is able to collect the most or the best freebie souvenirs at the end of the trip “wins”
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Bumping this up to see if we can add any new tips to the list. We are still quite a ways from 100 and it really would be lovely to get more than that.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/