100 Frugal Tips

Wow us with your best money-saving tips.
Heloise

Re: 100 Frugal Tips

Post by Heloise »

22. Wash and dry plastic bags/reusable Ziploc/sandwich bags and hang on clothesline to dry.

23. Orange peels into baby's diaper pail to help control odour.

24. Turning old cotton baby diapers into general purpose household cleaning/dusting/polishing cloths. I use my kids old ones for cleaning windows.

25. Cornstarch or lightly browned flour for diaper rash prevention (instead of baby powder).
Heloise

Post by Heloise »

26. If you're looking to defrost something rapidly, fill a large stainless mixing bowl with hot water, set frozen item on a dinner plate, and sit the dinner plate over the mixing bowl. Radiant heat does the rest.
Heloise

Post by Heloise »

27. Dry vinyl and plastic items on top of the tumble dryer when in use. No worries over melting them.
Heloise

Post by Heloise »

28. When hanging flat diapers on the clothesline on a hot day, double-up the diapers before pinning. By matching two diapers together at a time to dry, drying time is slowed, which helps make for softer diapers fresh off the line.
Heloise

Post by Heloise »

29. When toilet training, I used to double-up the waffle-knit soakers for added absorbency, and would top them off with a pair of rubber pants to waterproof. The doubled-up pants absorbed like a diaper without all the extra added bulk and pins, yet allowed the child to pull their own pants up and down when they had to go.
frugalmom

What is your best or favorite frugal tip?

Post by frugalmom »

What is your best or favorite frugal tip? Do you like to read frugal blogs? Any good ones lately? Do you make good money off your frugal blog? Is it from advertising? How long did it take you to make a decent income?

BTW anyone hear about Poshmark? Is that good? My son is selling stuff on there (just turned 12 yo) and wheeling and dealing on there-I have no idea about it and he set it up himself(he sells his used shoes or gets friend's shoes and may pay like 20.00 for them and resells it for more after cleaning them ,etc.). Idk about it-I hope it is safe-I am not internet savvy.