Coffee

Wow us with your best money-saving tips.
RecoveringDreamer

Re: Coffee

Post by RecoveringDreamer »

I like it on the stronger side. We use a drip coffee maker at home. Sometimes if I have espresso I'll use my moka pot, which is my favorite way to have it. I drink it black, so I like it to be tasty coffee since it won't be drowned out by cream and sugar. DH cuts it half and half with decaf and drinks other things during the day too. His doctor told him he was essentially speeding with the amount of caffeine he was consuming in addition to his asthma and allergy meds.

DH used to drink 2+ pots a day himself. Now between the two of us, we do 1-2 pots. I only drink about 1 travel mug (16 oz?) a day and some days I don't drink any. We do go out for coffee a couple times a week and I get whatever swill they have at the chain cafe.
A Life Beyond Money
Self Sufficiency. Simple Living. Frugality.

www.alifebeyondmoney.blogspot.com
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

decaf coffee drinker here. mostly i use keurig but occasionally french press. i'd say i make the coffee on the medium-strong side.

Happychoice wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:13 pm How does everyone enjoy their coffee? I don't mean how do you take it... but what strength do you prefer? Weak or on the strong side? Do you prefer instant, drip, espresso?

Have you cut down on the amount you drink? I would like to cut back from the 4 a day to 2, and I'm thinking of cutting out the amount ground that I use for drip. I'm using 1.5 TBSP per 10 oz. mug. So far just thinking. LOL!

What are your thoughts about coffee?
suzin.e.h

Post by suzin.e.h »

my DH uses a French press coffee pot...and he does like his coffee a bit stronger... I do not drink coffee...
Lovie

Post by Lovie »

Every one in my house drinks coffee, although one housemate goes out for it and never drinks homebrew. I take mine with creamer or milk, and sometimes(rarely) sugar. I will sometimes have an instant decaf with milk after noon, as I cannot sleep if I have caffeine after 12 pm.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Lovie wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:30 am Every one in my house drinks coffee, although one housemate goes out for it and never drinks homebrew. I take mine with creamer or milk, and sometimes(rarely) sugar. I will sometimes have an instant decaf with milk after noon, as I cannot sleep if I have caffeine after 12 pm.
I think I could have coffee 30 minutes before bedtime, go to bed and drop right off.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Sandy wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:49 pmI think I could have coffee 30 minutes before bedtime, go to bed and drop right off.
I used to be like that. Then I hit my 50s almost a couple years ago and all of a sudden I can't sleep with or without coffee! :lol: