Recycle Plastic Frosting Containers

Wow us with your best money-saving tips.
littlemiss63

Recycle Plastic Frosting Containers

Post by littlemiss63 »

If you haven't started making your own homemade frostings you really should, the ones that I have made are better than the ones purchased in the store. However, if you are still buying them save the plastic frosting cans to store your own frosting in. It's been a couple years since I bought a store frosting, but the containers that I saved and have used are still in great shape. I like to have homemade frosting on hand for a small snack cake so that is what I store mine in in the fridge.

I love the chocolate one from the back of the Hersey's Chocolate Container and it's posted in the recipes section. Try it, think you will agree that it's excellent and it saves you money.
LWolfT

Re: Recycle Plastic Frosting Containers

Post by LWolfT »

Well, I try to avoid frosting cakes and cupcakes, LOL! A little powdered sugar on top works well. But I will check out that recipe ...

But, I do keep those containers ... found out they are excellent for packing things like canned fruit (or anything that would make a mess if it leaked) for work lunches, or for storing leftovers in the fridge.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:41 pm If you haven't started making your own homemade frostings you really should, the ones that I have made are better than the ones purchased in the store. However, if you are still buying them save the plastic frosting cans to store your own frosting in. It's been a couple years since I bought a store frosting, but the containers that I saved and have used are still in great shape. I like to have homemade frosting on hand for a small snack cake so that is what I store mine in in the fridge.

I love the chocolate one from the back of the Hersey's Chocolate Container and it's posted in the recipes section. Try it, think you will agree that it's excellent and it saves you money.
Great idea Littlemiss. I have always made my own frosting, the ones in the plastic containers taste a bit off to me.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
aunti ali

Post by aunti ali »

Next up in my frugalness is making my own icing for cakes. We don't have many cakes during the year but I've got a Kitchen Aid and what the heck and try it.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

aunti ali wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:33 am Next up in my frugalness is making my own icing for cakes. We don't have many cakes during the year but I've got a Kitchen Aid and what the heck and try it.
Making your own icing is easy. You will love the taste.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/