Five Frugal Things You Did This Week

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Five Frugal Things You Did This Week

Post by LWolfT »

MackerelCat wrote:Your frugal kung-fu is working great! I especially like those savings on the pork. I about swooned the last time I priced pork, and it's the less expensive meat now.
Thanks!

That used to be the store's regular sale price for that package (gulp!) So I sure wasn't going to let it get by :D
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

1. Helped DH clean the fish pond instead of paying a company to do so. Took about 5 labor hours (2 me, 3 DH). DH estimated several hundred $$$ saved.
2. Picked and ate/cooked/froze garden vegs - still producing a bit so I am happy
3. Sewed myself a quilted casserole cozy from "bits and bobs" (as Jackie says)
4. Dinner out at friends' house. I took garden zinnias in a vase as hostess gift.
5. Received a couple of samples by mail.
nbeaver

Post by nbeaver »

Haven't done this before, so...
1) As always, brought frozen made-at-home meals for my lunch at work and ad DH eat leftovers for his lunches at home..
2) As always, cooked and ate all other meals at home.
3) Chopped up and froze a bunch of green peppers from the garden for later use.
4) Ate cucumbers, green beans, and tomatoes from the garden--free food!
5) Ad-matched sales and bought gas with a gift card for 3 cents off per gallon.
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

6. Used $10 coupon at PetSmart today for the cat's dry food - we are set on dry food for a while.
Shelsmiles

Post by Shelsmiles »

This week I:
1. Got a $100 rebate card from Visa and Verizon
2. Made chicken wraps for everyone for our trip to KC. Dinner was much more affordable as a result.
3. Signed into Amazon App for a $5 gift card
4. Refrained from purchasing any clothes regardless of how great the sale
5. Made my kids take lunches from home. No more excuses.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

1) Been cashing in on coupons and such this past week. DH cashed in a bunch of "rewards" points from one of the restaurants we like, so got 2 free entrees. Also used some good supermarket coupons to get bananas and a pack of hot dogs for free.

2) Got an inexpensive pair of insoles to revive a pair of sneakers that I wear around the house. My back thanks me, LOL!

3) Borrowed a book from the library, rather than buy, and walked there to get it. No gas used and free exercise, too.

4) Got invited to a couple of pitch-ins. Since I still had a rather large head of cabbage left from another dish, decided I would use it to make slaw for both gatherings. Did have to buy a couple of small things, but had all the other items on hand.

5) Been posting about our broken water pipe and soaked drywall ... we decided to call our insurance agent to get a recommendation for a restoration company. He explained what they would do, and suggested that since it was a relatively small area, and the pipe was fixed quickly, that we could handle the drying-out part ourselves, and hire someone to just fix/replace drywall. Jury's still out on what needs to be fixed/replaced, but hopefully it would be a lot less than the hefty deductible we'd have to pay if we needed to file a claim.