Daily Check in April 5, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in April 5, 2016

Post by mbrudnic »

Morning folks,
Getting a quick check in before heading out to the office. I kept waking up last night. My nose seemed to be having an allergic reation, producing all kinds of discharge. Ick.

Leftover brisket will be dinner. DS returns to school from Spring break.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in April 5, 2016

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello everyone.

My Internet is back on finally after three days. I'm glad to have it back but in some ways it was nice to not have the temptation to pick up the iPad if that makes sense. It did make me think more about getting a smartphone because not being able to access my email was the most frustrating thing.

I have an appointment this morning to get my new battery. It should only take 30 minutes or so. I'm hoping to get a call from the electrician to set up an appointment to fix the light in mom's range hood. She uses that light a lot. The electrician is winding down his business and lives about 30-45 minutes away but I hope we can get him because we like him a lot.

I got a call yesterday that my uncle fell at his nursing home but is not hurt. Later in the day I spoke with the head nurse who we like a lot. She said my uncle has been doing very well so I hope this was a one-time thing.

Mom and I went to Trader Joe's for the first time this weekend. It was very crowded so it was hard to look at everything in detail but we bought a few things. Next time we will go back on a weekday morning.

Have a good day.
rinty

Post by rinty »

(((Hugs ))) re your uncle falling, I am glad you feel confident about his care and that they called you.

No work today and its a gorgeous Spring day, lots of sunshine, walking the dog in fields of bluebells, Merry Olde England at its best :)

We spent 2 hours this morning at the allotment, still preparing some of the beds. Oh, my word, hard work digging the beds some of which seemed to be solid clay, we worked as a team though and got a lot done. I have a short shift tomorrow ( a mere 6 hours !) and its early so I will be able to come down again just after lunch tomorrow.

The other allotment holders really are gems, we were offered the use of a rotivator ( but we needed to break up the ground by hand first as the bit we were doing hadn't been worked in a while............again, very Merry Olde England, one lady told me we had .........

"Got a Gurt lot done there, moi dearie " It is funny the different accents in different areas, we were near London and now are further West ( where the yokels do live, ooooh arrrrrrrrrrrrr :D )

We had some scrambled eggs for breakfast, I had a tooth extracted yesterday and hadn't eaten obviously. I was glad to have it out, I have had very poor experiences with crowns and I just wanted it GONE. Mind you the ache was driving me up the wall so DD took me out in the evening as a distraction.............we saw My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 which we really enjoyed. I did see it had poor reviews but they must be grumpy old souls as its light and funny and entertaining.

I have just made us a nice salad with some new potatoes and ham. Lovely and fresh. I'm hundgry today after subsisting on yoghurt yesterday. Dinner will be the tuna casserole I didn't make yesterday as I came back from the extraction and fell into bed for an hour or 2 before going out with DD.

As I said it is JUST BEAUTFUL out and so nice to be able to be outside so much today. Just light housework needed and a quick small bill to pay. Dh shampooed the carpets yesterday ( aren't dogs FABULOUS ????? ;) ) I do not want to be one of those people where you can smell they have dogs before you see them so are carpet shampooer is getting a workout.

Anyway, its just after 2pm and we're both pleased with the day so far. I may well go into our garden and read its so nice out there.

All the best for the day , everyone.
AnneX

Post by AnneX »

Good Morning:

Lovely sunshine today but the temperature is wintry.

We are supposed to get more snow tonight, and into tomorrow. I organized a get-together for 5 of us from our former quilt group for lunchtime tomorrow. i'll leave it to others in the group to decide if they want to postpone. The restaurant where we are to meet is easy for me to get to - snow or no snow.

Today I have a number of activities - Tai Chi this morning followed by coffee with a friend. After lunch there is Zumba, and this evening we go to our National Geographic Live presentation. i may do some grocery shopping this afternoon depending on my energy level. i would like to get a pot of daffodils to go with the pot of hyacinths I bought yesterday - since it's still winter outside, I want to have Spring indoors at least.

I e-filed my tax return on Friday afternoon. Yesterday I went in to my Revenue Canada account and learned that my return has been processed and I will be able to view my assessment on line by next Monday. Hope to see a refund in my bank account soon.

Got a call from the art school where I registered for a course to say the course has been cancelled - so I'll get a refund for that. Am looking at courses at a different art school but haven't made up my mind yet.

lunch will be a cream cheese avocado sandwich and supper will be leftover spaghetti and sauteed kale.

now I'd better go wash my hair and see if I can style it after the haircut I had yesterday - doesn't really matter - i'll end up with hat-hair anyway.

Take care,
AnneX
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

The added stuffing in my pillow made for a perfect pillow. I slept very well last night.

I did a lot yesterday, but I have so much more to do. It seems the more I get rid of the more I find that I don’t wan’t/need.

My left foot is really bothering me when I walk, so I am trying to do things that are mostly sitting. I carried most of my sewing stuff into the living room. It is currently in 2 smaller boxes and one deeper ones. This doesn’t include scissors or thread. It is all mixed up from when it was packed after the fire. I simply transferred the contents of the large boxes into tubs. The fire was almost 11 years ago. Needles to say I haven’t sewn much in the last 11 years.

Penny
Jens_Cats

Post by Jens_Cats »

Good morning!

Up and out early this morning to get the Volt inspected and turn in Mom's ID to the DMV. Everything went fine, but I forgot the handicapped placard, so I'll take that over to the DMV on another day. It's not far from here.

It's really cold this morning--the 30s! It's only supposed to get into the 40s today, so I'll have a fire. Will gather the wood for that later this afternoon (ie, pull it in from the wood bin.) We don't have much left, but we can cut up more if we need to. We should be over the need for it by this point! Hopefully soon. I see they are calling for "snow showers" on the weekend. Craziness.

Laundry is in. I will hang it outside, despite the cold. It's good weather for it--dry, sunny, breezy. Housework for today, I think, will be to focus on cleaning and decluttering the laundry room/mud room/pantry (it's a big room!) I'm feeling flare-y, so I'm trying to keep it simple. Should also give the cat boxes a scoop. Mama Kitty, our indoor-outdoor cat, has been going outside, so her boxes have been clean. Less work for me!

Later, I'll try to get some work-for-pay done. I'm meeting with the client in question on Thursday, so I'd like to have something to show for it. I was going to work last night, but I got sidetracked.

For now, I'm enjoying a cup of tea and watching "Bates Motel," which I really like.

Have a great day, all!
Jen M, WV
Sage Alley: My green/simple living blog:
http://sagealley.blogspot.com