Daily Check in Sept 14, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 14, 2015

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,
Just had to roll DS out of bed. He must have forgotten to set his alarm.
I need to dig in the freezer for dinner. I am thinking pork chops in the crockpot for tomorrow, but I need to pull something out for tonight.

Plans for today include a walk after dinner.

I think there is a cricket in my basement. He sure is loud.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Vaeagen

Re: Daily Check in Sept 14, 2015

Post by Vaeagen »

Good morning all,
Quick check in before I go out in the field at work. Today should be fairly calm...I think. Work today then me and ds might go give blood at the local blood bank. They are open late today so that should work. Maybe dh can go too. If I am really lucky dd and make it too. Anyway, Tomorrow is the big day since that is the day that dh officially retires! It will not be a frugal day in any sense of the word since we will be celebrating with a party at a local "watering hole". But I think dh deserves it and it will be money well spend for all the love and good wishes he will be receiving!
Good thing that happened yesterday at Church was I sold some of my little envelope bags that I made from the fabric samples and lots of the ladies loved them (and I an order for 3 more in red tones) and made $30!! I also got the email about the Library's craft fair. It on Nov 14th and is only $40. I think I am going to do it because it is a good start into a little side business and not a big outlay of money or time really. The distance to get there is nil and I would be doing the sewing anyway.

So hope all are well and safe this Monday morning.

Valerie
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Good morning. I am not feeling so tired now but I'm sure I will as the day goes on. DS woke up in the middle of the night having nightmares and it took him a while to get back to sleep.

Dinner will be salmon, rice, and mixed vegetables.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning all my frugal friends.

Today we will be traveling to a lake about an hour away. Boat cruise first and then a trip to the gorge (Hubby can take the pictures as I just can't get near the railings on a brdge).

That should take care of most of today.

Tomorrow we tour the Columbia Ice fields, and Hubby get to enjoy the glass walkway over another eve deeper gorge. Can you tell I am pretty much a wimp when it comes to heights.

Off to wake Hubby and get breakfast started.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Jackie.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I had thought about taking the bus to Walmart to get my hair cut, but decided against going. I will be making reservations with Via Trans for the trip. My left foot hurts too much to walk the extra distance to the bus stop in addition to the walking in the store. In addition my balance is not great. Not a time to be out alone, walker or not.

I want to take the meat of the bone on the 2 chicken thighs I cooked on Saturday evening. I will freeze the meat, then when I am ready to make a casserole all I will have to do is dump it into the pot. 

I want to do as much cleaning and pitching as I can this morning before they pick up the trash.

The chicken is cut up and in the freezer, the garbage/trash is out. I called the office to let them know that one of the light bulbs, a CFL is not working.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackie, I can't wait to see your photos on your blog. I have always wanted to visit the Canadian Rockies.

Good morning all.

I am still getting going this morning. I spent a lot of time decluttering/organizing at mom's house yesterday. She wanted to get rid of 2 sets of shoe cubbies on her bedroom shelf and I thought it would take 5 minutes but they had been there so long they were stuck to the shelf. I finally got them out and we went through mom's shoes and other things stuffed into the cubbies, cleaned the shelf and put everything back.

We made brownies and they turned out great. Mom is very careful using the stove but I don't like her to use the oven unless I am there.

I rented a movie yesterday (free birthday rental from Redbox) but I didn't get to watch it last night so will do so this afternoon. It is Wild with Reece Witherspoon. Hope it is good.

I've been seeing a bunny near my patio for the past week. I love to see him even though I think he's been eating my grass. I've been putting out baby carrots but I was too tired last night. Sure enough, though, the bunny showed up but when I quietly went out to put out the carrots it scared him away. I think he'll be back. I think he is living in a protected area of my neighbor's bushes.

I've been doing some mending (hems, buttons) on winter clothes even though it will be months (if ever) until we get cool weather and I have more of that to do today.

Have a good day.