Daily Check in Sept 21, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 21, 2015

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,

% minutes until it is time to leave. I sure hope DS had a good birthday. He seems excited for his gift. I got him a wireless Bose speaker, It was a model down from the one Hubby had, but DS is happy. MIL did not make it as she hurt her knee Saturday night. I will have to check in with her. Then I took DS and a classmate to the University for his Music rehearsal. I walked around campus a bit, rubbed me heel raw. Glad I can wear sandals today. But I got over 5000 steps.

Tonight I should take DS out to practice maneuverability once more.
Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Sept 21, 2015

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Woke up to what should be a nice day temperature wise, and am looking forward to my walk this morning. Taking advantage of all the nice weather while I still can.

Plan on making it out to the garden today to pick some more green peppers. They are not very big yet, but I am afraid to leave them too long just in case we get a bad frost. I will keep a few in the crisper and freeze the remainder for use this winter in soups and stews.

Still have lots of jalapeno peppers coming so I may just need to try to make some hot pepper jelly again this year. Hopefully it won't get as stiff as it did the last time I made some.

I also need to get a few more herbs drying, thyme needs to be clipped, and so does the sage and basil.

Other then those little gardening jobs, the rest of my chores will keep me indoors for the most part. I have to strip and remake our bed, wash the towels and I want to do a bit of extra cleaning today (think I just might hit the baseboards in the kitchen and dining room and if I have time the hall way).

Frugality wise today will be a no spend day. Coming home from even a short vacation puts a person behind in almost everything. Or if I am not behind it sure feels like it.

This afternoon I will be trying to finish another pair of mitts. I started to knit up a greenish coloured pair, but began to get very tired. I crawled into bed instead. Got a very good sleep.

Working on using things up that need to be used up. Food wise we are doing well on this challenge (or I am cooking less), but I really need to work on getting my fabric and yarn stash cut down. I am hoping to use up at least some of it making the Christmas gifts this year. I have even printed off some 1 and 2 skein patterns to us up those bits and bobs.

Supper tonight will be Soup and Sandwiches. We have been eating way too much lately and need a lighter meal.

Today I am grateful for all my many blessings.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Jackie
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Vaeagen

Post by Vaeagen »

Good morning all,
We had a bit of a scare this past Friday w/ my mil. Long story short, she fell on our front steps and needed on stitch in her leg but the worst part was after all was said and done...when we were leaving the hospital ER...she said "why were we here?".....Yikes! I think she has moved into the Moderate Alzheimers! I have to call her GP to make a follow up to check on her leg and then later have the stitch taken out.
Otherwise, everthing is normal. Today I am back to work. Both "kids" are out at dinner time so dh and I are probably going out to eat but it will be very frugal as dh got a lot of very nice gift cards to some very nice palces to eat so we will be treating ourselves to one of those I think. That will be good since that will give us a chance to talk.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Valerie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My daughter came over this morning, she brought my bedside table. This is one I gave her that she doesn’t want now. It is from Germany that my late husband found on “Big Garbage Day”. It is in wonderful condition. We have had it for over 40 years. There were two out that day the matching one was broken so he didn’t take it. Inside this one was some yarn, a child’s purse, doll clothes that fit one of my daughter’s dolls.

She put it by my bed and my old one on the other side. Now I have one on each side.

My wrist is some better this morning.

I have my CT scan of my sinuses this morning. They are picking me up about 9:30 this morning.

Next time I go to Walmart or Target I want to look for some thing to use as bins or drawer for my old bedside table and also for the my old now new again.

When I put the trash out I forgot to include the Sunday paper. That is OK, most important is the food garbage,that is out.

Penny
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

Walked the dog and met a new to me neighbor, she has been in the neighborhood for 2 years, we are going to lunch on Thurs, a new friend, I hope. I'm almost 65 and can always use a new friend.

Dh and I are going to a late lunch later today.

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good afternoon, frugal friends. Monday is one of my bigger housecleaning days, so I've been doing that. DH vacuumed for me, so I did the sweeping, rug-shaking, mopping, dusting and scrubbing. Also went around the house with appropriate colored Sharpie markers and touched up little nicks and scratches on the furniture while I was dusting it.

In just a bit I'm going to make a grocery list and go pick up a few things. Got some laundry to finish and I might make chili for supper, as there's a definite autumnal feel to the air today.

Hope you all have a lovely frugal day.
Mackie