Fabric Softener $olution!!

Wow us with your best money-saving tips.
kat

Re: Fabric Softener $olution!!

Post by kat »

hey, figured out too that you reuse the dryer sheets for many things. save your dryer sheets after use - soak them in a small bit of fabric softener, they wring out and dry - voila - use'em again! also saw where you could use them to clean the scum off shower glass, dust with them, etc.
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

I have been experimenting a little more. I soaked some old white socks in fabric softener and let them dry throughly. used two in a large load in my dryer but I find that there is still static! so this was a fail. cj
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

gaylejackson2 wrote:AND I use a damp Norwex dusting mitt to wipe down the washer & dryer interiors before I wash my clothes. .
I am IN LOVE with Norwex!! They have a deal going on right now.......For $10 you get an enviro-cloth, window cloth, and dusting mitt. It signs you up as a consultant, but you can just cancel that. OR, you can remain a consultant and just buy for yourself at the 35% discount. That's what I plan to do, I don't want to actually do sales, lol. To remain active you need to place orders totaling $250 retail every six months. That's about $170 after the discount. If you do not meet that and become "incactive", you can reactivate for $20.

I was skeptical about Norwex, but bought some anyway at a christmas bazaar. Here's how I KNOW they work as far as picking up bacteria.......I haven't worn deodorant since December because I use a damp body cloth to wipe my underarms twice a day. Bacteria is what causes odor, and i've had none. ALSO, I'm overweight and sometimes will get skin rash in skin folds...I haven't had ANY since using Norwex once per day in these areas. I have a kind of psoriasis along the sides of my feet and back of my heel, where skin dries up and scales and shreds. It's actually caused by contact with triclosan or plastics containing microban, like shopping cart handles. Touch it with my hands and i get blisters and peeling on hands and feet, but my feet are severe. Now I wipe my feet every night with a norwex, and not only is the drying and shredding about 90% better, but it exfoliates like a dream. and my toes look great because I use it on them and around the nails and cuticles. I also exfoliate my hands and nails with it. Dryness and cracking are gone.

Then, of course, there's the awesome cleaning and dusting. I got bacon grease on my floor, used a lot of paper towel and then some dish soap to try and get it up. Still slippery, so I took a damp envirocloth and one wipe, the grease was gone. Then I noticed that I had dripped grease elsewhere, and then just used the envirocloth alone. Picked up the grease in just two wipes!

I HATE to clean, but norwex makes it awesome because I use no cleaners at all, and don't have to use a bunch of paper towels or sponges, swiffer dusters, etc.

It is SO worth the money, and now i'll get a discount!
ohjodi
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Jodi,

I'm so glad that Norwex works for you!!! I'm glad also that you are joining up. I'm no longer an active consultant (the economy is way too bad in my town), but I still get to use my 35% discount and I love that!! I love using their products, and I use more than just the cloths, but I use the main three (dust mitt, envirocloth, & window cloth) for just about all my cleaning needs, then I use the face/body cloths for me & my children, I have kitchen towels, bath towels, and all 3 of the kitchen cleaning cloths. I use the laundry detergent (1-2 tsp per load in my top-load washer, its 1/2 per load in a HE washer), the dryer balls (both kinds) in my dryer, and the cleaning chemicals -- Blue Diamond Bathroom cleaner & the descaler are my favorites.
ohjodi wrote:
gaylejackson2 wrote:AND I use a damp Norwex dusting mitt to wipe down the washer & dryer interiors before I wash my clothes. .
I am IN LOVE with Norwex!! They have a deal going on right now.......For $10 you get an enviro-cloth, window cloth, and dusting mitt. It signs you up as a consultant, but you can just cancel that. OR, you can remain a consultant and just buy for yourself at the 35% discount. That's what I plan to do, I don't want to actually do sales, lol. To remain active you need to place orders totaling $250 retail every six months. That's about $170 after the discount. If you do not meet that and become "incactive", you can reactivate for $20.

I was skeptical about Norwex, but bought some anyway at a christmas bazaar. Here's how I KNOW they work as far as picking up bacteria.......I haven't worn deodorant since December because I use a damp body cloth to wipe my underarms twice a day. Bacteria is what causes odor, and i've had none. ALSO, I'm overweight and sometimes will get skin rash in skin folds...I haven't had ANY since using Norwex once per day in these areas. I have a kind of psoriasis along the sides of my feet and back of my heel, where skin dries up and scales and shreds. It's actually caused by contact with triclosan or plastics containing microban, like shopping cart handles. Touch it with my hands and i get blisters and peeling on hands and feet, but my feet are severe. Now I wipe my feet every night with a norwex, and not only is the drying and shredding about 90% better, but it exfoliates like a dream. and my toes look great because I use it on them and around the nails and cuticles. I also exfoliate my hands and nails with it. Dryness and cracking are gone.

Then, of course, there's the awesome cleaning and dusting. I got bacon grease on my floor, used a lot of paper towel and then some dish soap to try and get it up. Still slippery, so I took a damp envirocloth and one wipe, the grease was gone. Then I noticed that I had dripped grease elsewhere, and then just used the envirocloth alone. Picked up the grease in just two wipes!

I HATE to clean, but norwex makes it awesome because I use no cleaners at all, and don't have to use a bunch of paper towels or sponges, swiffer dusters, etc.

It is SO worth the money, and now i'll get a discount!