I am livid!

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

I am livid!

Post by Mrscreative »

Please everyone beware of any offers that seem too good to be true! I ordered a 14 day trial of Dermahydrate age defying wrinkle cream and eye serum. The offer was very misleading as it appeared I only had to pay for shipping. Initially I was pleased because the trial product size seemed very generous. To my shock, after reading the fine print you had to return the remaining product back to the company within 14 days if you were not satisfied with the product and I got billed for the full amount which came to a total of over $85.00 U.S. for EACH product. I would never pay that amount and while the product was satisfactory I didn't find it that much better than L'Oreal Age Perfect. When I called customer service the sales person tried to sweet talk me into another month's supply at a third off. When I remained adamant that I didn't want any further product and that I thought their sales practices were very misleading he offerred the product at a 50% discount. I repeated several times that I didn't want any more product. After reading the terms of the contract(which you check off on the computer) it now seems I must call every month to cancel otherwise they'll continue to send me the product and charge the credit card number I provided. I will needless to say be calling back tomorrow to clarify the situation and to demand no further shipment of the product is made. To me this company has unethical work practices and I want to warn everyone I can. It was a product I saw on Facebook and I really have regrets for being such a fool!
littlemiss63

Re: I am livid!

Post by littlemiss63 »

I can understand your being livid. I am just amazed why everything has to be a scam these days. All of these offers seem to wind up being the same.

I have a couple of friends who are single and wanted to try internet dating. Oh my, the stories they tell of how the dating sites scam them is unreal. Same thing, their credit cards keep being charged when they have canceled the subscription. Makes you afraid to almost do anything over the internet. I can understand their clients mis-representing how they look or what they do for a living, but you don't expect the company themselves to screw people over.

Sure hope you get it all straightened out.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Mrscreative wrote:Please everyone beware of any offers that seem too good to be true! I ordered a 14 day trial of Dermahydrate age defying wrinkle cream and eye serum. The offer was very misleading as it appeared I only had to pay for shipping. Initially I was pleased because the trial product size seemed very generous. To my shock, after reading the fine print you had to return the remaining product back to the company within 14 days if you were not satisfied with the product and I got billed for the full amount which came to a total of over $85.00 U.S. for EACH product. I would never pay that amount and while the product was satisfactory I didn't find it that much better than L'Oreal Age Perfect. When I called customer service the sales person tried to sweet talk me into another month's supply at a third off. When I remained adamant that I didn't want any further product and that I thought their sales practices were very misleading he offerred the product at a 50% discount. I repeated several times that I didn't want any more product. After reading the terms of the contract(which you check off on the computer) it now seems I must call every month to cancel otherwise they'll continue to send me the product and charge the credit card number I provided. I will needless to say be calling back tomorrow to clarify the situation and to demand no further shipment of the product is made. To me this company has unethical work practices and I want to warn everyone I can. It was a product I saw on Facebook and I really have regrets for being such a fool!
Thank you for the heads up :-(
tammy65

Post by tammy65 »

Call your credit card company and tell them of the sneaky practice that the company pulled on you. Tell them that you want to cancel the card and get a new one issued to you. That's what I had to do when I had a problem with something that I ordered.
Most credit card companies will be willing to work with you. I hope you get this resolved quickly. Having to call every month to cancel a shipment is just crazy.

Tammy
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Is this a US or Canadian company? If it's US, find out what state they're in and contact the attorney general's office there to complain. Most of them handle such complaints.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

This company is actually from GBR (Great Britain). So I hadn't even received the product in time to return it for the 14 "free" trial period. However I was charged in U.S. dollars even though I'm Canadian so lost further funds with the conversion rate.