When your friend is scared.

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Shelsmiles

Re: When your friend is scared.

Post by Shelsmiles »

What an absolute shame to see people I have enjoyed and even respected so willing to viciously attack one another. Disgusting, but I guess true colors eventually can't help but come out eventually.

Go ahead and attack me, or each other, but I'm right. This is just absolutely unacceptable and the fact that you not only attack each other, but jump on the band wagon and egg each other on is shameful and disappointing to say the least. I have teenagers that can articulate their point and have a decent debate without resorting to this kind of base behavior. Go ahead, tell me all about how Trump is the agent of hate or Hillary is the reason for the hate, then go find a damn mirror and own up.

I'm out.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Shelsmiles wrote:What an absolute shame to see people I have enjoyed and even respected so willing to viciously attack one another. Disgusting, but I guess true colors eventually can't help but come out eventually.

Go ahead and attack me, or each other, but I'm right. This is just absolutely unacceptable and the fact that you not only attack each other, but jump on the band wagon and egg each other on is shameful and disappointing to say the least. I have teenagers that can articulate their point and have a decent debate without resorting to this kind of base behavior. Go ahead, tell me all about how Trump is the agent of hate or Hillary is the reason for the hate, then go find a damn mirror and own up.

I'm out.
I honestly don't see anyone here attacking or being vicious.
ohjodi
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

ohjodi wrote:
Shelsmiles wrote:What an absolute shame to see people I have enjoyed and even respected so willing to viciously attack one another. Disgusting, but I guess true colors eventually can't help but come out eventually.

I'm out.
I honestly don't see anyone here attacking or being vicious.
I agree. In fact, since I lived through the 2008 and 2012 election cycles on FL, I was just thinking how "adult" everyone was being.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Do Florida, it truly sounds like you have done what you can. I would say be as sympathetic as you can while protecting yourself.

As to the politics, I suspect that I wrote the most to the point posts and overall I think this thread has been mainly polite. Some of us remember discussions during the previous two elections.

Personally, I believe that some of the division we have in this country has to do with the fact that people with opposing views don't speak to each other. While I'm not in favor of all out verbal warfare, I belive in the sharing of opposite view points, ya know?
Shelsmiles

Post by Shelsmiles »

Ahem...

Sorry, ladies. Looks like I accidentally pasted a message here meant for another message board.

:shock: embarrassing.

My apologies
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Shelsmiles wrote:Ahem...

Sorry, ladies. Looks like I accidentally pasted a message here meant for another message board.

:shock: embarrassing.

My apologies
OOOPS! LOL

Well, I'm really glad it was a mistake! And I'm glad I'm not on that other message board! LOL

:P
ohjodi