What Are Your Frugal Mantras ?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

What Are Your Frugal Mantras ?

Post by rinty »

Thinking about the "Shop the Perimeter" thread and the way a number of us think this is now outdated "frugal" advice .

My fav Frugal Mantras are............... and I have used them since coming on this site in around 2005.

" You don't solve money problems with money, you solve them with lifestyle, values and priorities "

Dr Phil

" I think that I , and maybe others, buy things I don't need, with money I don't have, to impress people I don't like....................who don't come over , and don't get impressed "

Mary Ellen Edmunds

These are things that keep me on the straight and narrow and "validate me and my frugal choices. Anybody got any good ones ?
SandiSAHM

Re: What Are Your Frugal Mantras ?

Post by SandiSAHM »

rinty wrote:These are things that keep me on the straight and narrow and "validate me and my frugal choices. Anybody got any good ones ?
Wanting isn't needing.

A small leak can sink a great ship.

That small leak thing... it was a gym membership for a while. Not mine. ;)
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Only if it's on sale and I have a coupon. Was great advice 20 years ago but considering that good food coupons are now a rarity.....not so much. Now I hit the markdown bins and orange stickers.

Bev
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

When somebody wants a new XXX - "What are you going to do with the old one? I don't want 2 of XXX sitting around the house." (bicycle, TV, stereo, car.....)
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

If you watch the pennies, the dollars take care of themselves.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Mine should be Internet is for info, not for shopping. Cancelled my prime account as it was too tempting. Buy dog food on line from Walmart so not to go to store.