Daily Check in April 22, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in April 22, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks!
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in April 22, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi,
I am looking at a cool Saturday with rain on the way. When I am done looking at the forum and drinking my coffee, it is off to the grocery. Then at 1:30 I will go over to DS1's and help them get the house ready for the party after DGS4Week's Baptism tomorrow.

Have a great day,
Maggie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Baptism for DGS2 already, Maggie! Goodness, time flies!

Good thoughts going out to everyone who has difficulties ...

A quick howdy before going to work. Cool and cloudy here ... not sure if it is raining or not at the moment. DH hoping the league can get opening day in without a washout.

Last week was a another long one trying to fit in various forms of work. I'm about ready for this project to end.
Frugalities ... pretty much just taking lunch to work, though I've sprung for a cup of coffee or a soda on a couple of days.
May stop at the grocery on the way home and pick up a couple of things ... and Mount Washmore is waiting, LOL!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is a chilly overcast day with heavy rain expected. I had to turn my furnace on to take the chill away. I plan on baking later on today so that will help and then this evening will build a fire in my fireplace.

The other day I planted some yellow onions, Greek oregano and Italian parsley in my large terracotta pots and earth boxes on my deck. Yesterday morning everything was dug up and dirt everywhere. Rocky, my resident squirrel, had been checking things out..gggrrr... So I went on line to get an idea how to deter him.. I have put bamboo skewers around the rim of the planters and inside as well. I hope he does not get hurt but still I cannot afford to have my garden destroyed. I also read that you can take plastic forks and turn the tines up and put the handle in the dirt. I will be doing that with all of my other planters and earth boxes.. I have always saved the plastic-ware that comes with carry out food so I have a lot of them..I almost got rid of them about a month ago but hung on to them and now I am glad.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Week-end. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The birds are singing outside, but I don't know for how long. Late last night our forecast changed to.....snow for the next couple of days (from rain). While the chance of precipitation is fairly low, it makes me wonder if I moved my wardrobes around a bit too soon.

Today is the last day I look after "F". My neighbour should be home sometime today, probably fairly late in the evening however. I am not going to miss that cat litter box at all (should say two boxes as "I" sets out two of them when she goes away).

Not much happening here today. A morning walk, some reading, sewing up the socks, working on the stamped cross stitch, and baking a loaf of bread are some of the activities I will be doing today. I may actually get to start my weekend today instead of tomorrow as I have very little work to accomplish.

Since I have so very little real work to do today, I think I just might clean the stove and oven. Get it all sparkly clean so that when I cook tonight (or Hubby cooks breakfast tomorrow) I can get the stove all dirty once again.

Supper this evening will be Stuffed Chicken Breasts, rice, and the remains of the coleslaw from last nights supper.

Today I am grateful for our grass greening up nicely.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I got my replacement Tupperware yesterday. I placed the order because of the largest bowl of my stack cooker cracked. I had some other items that needed replacing so of course I added them. My daughter had a couple so I added hers too. I asked for 2 snack cups I got 4 plus seals. I replaced one tumbler, they sent me 4 of a different style with seals. I asked for a red seal for my modular mate they sent black. All I paid was $5.75 shipping and handling. The important

Today is shopping day, I don’t have a very long list, mostly perishable foods.

I was able to get most of what was on my list.

I am very tired today. It is a gray cloudy day with drizzle. It is supposed to get colder today. You have to remember that cold is relative here.

Penny