May Use It Up/Recycle Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: May Use It Up/Recycle Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

Things have gotten back to normal now so I will list my use it ups for the past week or so.

Used up a skein of yarn.

Used up two loafs of bread.

Hubby used up the leftover hamburgers from supper on Tuesday for his lunches on Wednesday and Thursday.

We used up some leftover fried chicken from supper on Wednesday for our supper on Thursday as well as the remaining salad from Tuesday night.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Used up the tortillas and the leftover burrito filling. Made a small salad with the leftover shredded lettuce and some fresh tomatoes.

Used a pork picnic bone (roasted) and the last of a package of carrots to make broth.

Used up some pumpkin puree from the freezer for cookies. Didn't have quite enough, so cooked a leftover half of a sweet potato and mashed it in with the pumpkin. Can't tell the difference, LOL!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Over the last couple of days we have used up a few items.

A bottle of dish soap (rinsed out and I managed a few more washes).

Hubby used up the leftover ribs from our Sunday supper for his lunches the past couple of days.

I used up the box of my favorite cereal for breakfast this morning.

Used up a couple of rolls of 2" strips while working on refashioning the dresses into skirt sets (one is completed, needs a good pressing, the other will be finished tomorrow).

Used up the rice in a container, and opened a new bag from the pantry.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Well, I decided that it would be best to have our clean out the fridge meal tonight. So what ever leftovers we had were eaten tonight.

I used up another skein of yarn.
Jackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

It has been a while. I get side tracked and crash and burn and do not have the energy to keep up with posting. I am gradually phasing out gluten free flours and switching over to nut flours and a ketogenic diet. My blood sugar is out of control and the smallest amounts of carbs from the gluten free flour sends it sky high. I refuse to throw anything away so I am baking things and putting them in the freezer for a treat rather than for my daily foods. When I eat something that is gf I only eat a small portion instead of the whole serving so that helps with keeping the carbs down and not wasting what I have on hand.

I used the last of my ground beef today. Will not be buying more due to the high price.

Working my way through 4 cartons of large eggs bought at .49 cents a dozen at Aldi's. I have one more gf hamburger bun left but think I will use that to make egg salad sandwiches.. Each bun is already cut in half but I cut each half in half long ways thus getting 4 slices of bread instead of 1 bun.. Used up the last of my brown sugar will not be buying more switching over to sugar free sub..Used up 1.5 lbs of mushrooms making stuffed mushrooms for myself and my DB/SIL. Also homemade cream of mushroom soup and used some when I had liver and onions. Sometimes the strawberries were eaten out of hand and sometimes with 1/2 and 1/2 and I tiny little sprinkle of stevia. Used up 2 pints of cherry tomatoes , 1 cucumber, and two bags of lettuce. Most of the above foods were BOGO so it was really nice.Also the last of a bag of frozen blueberries. There is more just cannot remember off the top of m head. Feeling good about using things up and not wasting them. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Used up the last of the fresh turnip greens in dinner. Also used up a bottle of salad dressing.