So this is to cool for school :-)

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

So this is to cool for school :-)

Post by icfrugal1 »

Short story,
DH has always used the master bedroom bathroom, that was fine with me since the hallway bathroom has the bathtub.

He never really kept the toilet and shower real clean, but I didn't care since I didn't have to use them.

In June 2013 DH fell badly so he can't use that bathroom any more. SSOOO The shower is BLACK!!! (with mold not the color) It has been for years. :oops:

I of course have been cleaning the toilet, but again don't use it.

When the plumber was here a couple of weeks ago I found that the shower had a small leak, the plumber will need to go though the bedroom drywall, not the tile YEAH!!!!, but I really didn't want them to see the black shower.

So today I finally decided that I would clean it!!! I have been looking at Angie's list and a house cleaning would be about $100.00, but again I just didn't want any one to see it. So I have spent an hour today with Kaboom and the shower, WOW!!!! I do wish that I had not been afraid to tackle the job years ago. I am still not done, and it is not a big shower, but ......

I told DH that I thought that he should pay me for doing this and he agreed!!!!

YEAH, so I am getting $150.00 for it. Happens to be the price of the new camera that I have ordered since my other camera is no where to be found,

YEAH me. 8-)

IC

gaylejackson2

Re: So this is to cool for school :-)

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hurray that he is paying you to clean up his mess!!! :lol:

But oh my goodness!!! Black mold everywhere??!!

My hubby wouldn't tolerate that... he swears he can smell mold in our heater vents; he does have an acute sense of smell which he uses to inform me of whenever he thinks the house is getting too nasty to live in.

mona50

Post by mona50 »

IC
GOOD FOR YOU!!! It makes the job just a tad less gross when you are actually getting paid to do it. (I ALWAYS clean the toilets right before the housecleaners arrive )

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

gaylejackson2 wrote:Hurray that he is paying you to clean up his mess!!! :lol:

My hubby wouldn't tolerate that... he swears he can smell mold in our heater vents; he does have an acute sense of smell which he uses to inform me of whenever he thinks the house is getting too nasty to live in.
YEAH, I know that I should not have said really :o , I don't want people to think that we live in a pig sty, we are messy not dirty, but this shower is a problem for everyone in this sub division, there is a window, but everyone has problems with this shower. The problem would have been less though if DH would have cleaned it after he used the shower, but again, sadly our marriage has been one of "pick your battles" :(

I do know that I should have done this, clean it, years ago, but I get stubborn sometimes, because why should I have to do every thing?

OK, now I am just grateful that he can take some care of himself.

IC

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

icfrugal1 wrote:
gaylejackson2 wrote:Hurray that he is paying you to clean up his mess!!! :lol:

YEAH, I know that I should not have said really :o , I don't want people to think that we live in a pig sty, we are messy not dirty, but this shower is a problem for everyone in this sub division, there is a window, but everyone has problems with this shower. The problem would have been less though if DH would have cleaned it after he used the shower, but again, sadly our marriage has been one of "pick your battles" :(

I do know that I should have done this, clean it, years ago, but I get stubborn sometimes, because why should I have to do every thing?

OK, now I am just grateful that he can take some care of himself.

IC
Oh I know. Shame on me for my comment back. :oops: Marriage is definitely a pick your battles, isn't it?!

Really I was aghast that he seemed content to stand in such a dirty shower.
icfrugal1 wrote:I do know that I should have done this, clean it, years ago, but I get stubborn sometimes, because why should I have to do every thing?
Oh yes, isn't that the truth of it??!! YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING!!

(Yesterday, dh was grumpy because the upstair hallway/kids bathroom smelled yucky - but EVERYONE uses it except me, so he snarled that I needed to come clean it right away... when I didn't, he quite nastily said, "You shouldn't look for a career as a janitor because you can't keep your own house clean enough." I gave him a look, and went back to our bedroom, then decided that I'd lock everyone out, and clean it so i could get back to my book. BUT REALLY!!! Would it have hurt HIM to get off his behind and clean the bathrooms [as he'd promised he'd do when we bought this house; guess what he has no recollection of saying... I remember it only because I was so surprised that he'd offer to help]?!

((HUGS)) to you! I think that you are doing marvelously with him & his tantrums.

delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

That's great that you got the job done. I've been looking for a good shower cleaner.