Turkey prices 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
dlrcpa

Turkey prices 2015

Post by dlrcpa »

I found the USDA report on turkey prices for 2015 if anyone is interested. I see one of the stores has the store brand frozen on sale for 99 cents/lb this week so I will check to see if I can fit one in my small freezer. I don't think the price will get much better!

http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/pytturkey.pdf
Mrscreative

Re: Turkey prices 2015

Post by Mrscreative »

In Canada you could find turkey as low as 89 cents a pound the week of Canadian Thanksgiving. It was only at Superstore though. The specials at the other supermarkets were 99 cents a pound, and some were for utility grade. You'd have to pay a lot more for Butterball turkeys though! Good luck in finding yours!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote:In Canada you could find turkey as low as 89 cents a pound the week of Canadian Thanksgiving. It was only at Superstore though. The specials at the other supermarkets were 99 cents a pound, and some were for utility grade. You'd have to pay a lot more for Butterball turkeys though! Good luck in finding yours!
Maybe in the East, but here in Saskatchewan the lowest price I could find in my city was $1.29 a pound

Jackie
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

When I first saw this post...I was like....who the heck is thinking Turkey this early. But then I remembered that Canada has their Thanksgiving in October.

As I have mentioned before I order some of my meat from a local (about 40 miles from here) farmer that has grass fed beef and he also networks with other farmers for such things a pork and poultry. I was thinking about ordering a turkey through them. I know that I will pay more per pound, but I am interested in seeing if I can tell a difference in the taste. Right now they are at 2.99 a pound. Of course since it would just be for the 4 of us, I would just get a 10 pound turkey. I am just trying to figure out if I wait awhile if the price will go down any, or if I run the risk of them running out of the small turkeys, or even rising the price on me.
Aunt Bridget
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

I am in the U.S. but saw the 99 cent price and thought about it. Not really enough room in the freezer and today is the last sale day. I guess I will wait. Someone told me about another store I usually do not shop at, has 59 cent turkey prices in November. I will have to keep an eye out.
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Today's mail had grocery ads. One of the stores I do not frequent advertised frozen turkeys for 69 cents/lb. I do not see any matching offers at the other stores yet. So I will probably go get one of these.