Curbside Shopping

Free food rocks! Come share your latest foraging find, or come to learn. Both newbies and seasoned vets are welcome.
11cats2beagles

Re: Curbside Shopping

Post by 11cats2beagles »

Yesterday while walking the dog, I found, in the middle of a street in a neighborhood quite a ways away, a nice wooden sign - very rustic looking - that says "Every Love Story is Beautiful but Ours is My Favorite."

It was raining and the sign is wet - but we will let it dry and hang it up. I was going to touch up the paint on some of the lettering that is chipping ever so slightly - but S.O. really likes the rustic appearance - so we will leave the lettering alone.

Heading out on another very long walk with Lucy and the little man - we will see if we find anything today.
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

That was a great find! I found a lonely wire table, small and two tier curbside last week. I have just the place for it. I thought I was going to have to paint it but decided to leave it as it. it is in my porch and we can use it for plants of lunch bags or whatever as it is right next to the door. free is so nice! cj
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Today - 2 sound pumpkins in a nice canvas & mesh tote bag. Also a wire frame canvas basket/bag that I will use for storing fire kindling - at least until I find something better.
blondeinbuffalo

I got two adirondack chairs for free. sitting next to a dumpster. just needed a little tlc. someone gave me 30 cans of fancy feast. their cats do not like turkey. so far it was a great week. looking for another small table for outside, yeah I could buy one for 10 but this is more of a challenge. cj
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

snowangel729 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:08 pm I do it alot. I get toys and clothes for my little one on the way. The other week I got some toys and clothes and just cleaned them up really good. I also got a microwave stand that I plan on turning into a tv stand for his room and then putting dvds or toys in the bottom. I haven't decided yet to be honest.
Hi snowangel! You have a baby now?! I must have missed that! But then again you know my memory! Congratulations and how old is he now? You can make a kitchen set out of the microwave stand-I see it on Pinterest. My sons liked playing kitchen and cooking with pots and pans,etc-too bad it did not translate to wanting to cook when he got older! :? But my little one likes to cook-he figures the only way he can get brownies and stuff bc I don't make sweets or desserts!
blondeinbuffalo

Slim pickings right now for curbside. I have found that after the holidays is best in January and also in the spring when people are replacing their outside patio furniture. I still looking. need a bookcase and am holding out for real wood. cj