Low Spend/No Spend December

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Low Spend/No Spend December

Post by Jackielou »

I know that this month it is very hard to get away with out spending something. But I thought I would give it a try. Out of the 31 days this month I am going to try for 20 no spend days, and hopefully 11 allowable or low spend days.

Anyone care to join in?
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
SandiSAHM

Re: Low Spend/No Spend December

Post by SandiSAHM »

I'm in. Did a grocery fill-in yesterday so I'm at 0%. Today will be no-spend, tomorrow DH made an appt for us to see a relative for breakfast out. Not my thing, but given that we haven't seen this individual in about 3 years I can live with it.

I'm going to look at this challenge in 2 ways - not just # of days we don't spend $, but also in terms of overall $ spent, because while November was spendy # of days-wise, it was a low-spend month for $. I just don't know how to quantify spending because it fluctuates so much even from week to week. Deals on GF products tend to make me stock up...

But since we're hoping to move next spring, I need to change the stock-up mindset.

Happy December, Frugalites!
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I am in. I did make my 15 days last month, but it was not easy. Based on the first few days, shopping is going to be a lot of out of stock and return another day. So I am going to go with 10 this month. So far 2 spend days and today will be one too due to out of stock. I may need to stock up on regular things as well if this panic continues.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

So far this month

Spend Days: 0

Allowable/Low Spend: 0

No Spend: 3

Starting the month off very well. Hope it keeps up.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

No spend-0
spend days-3

Today may be a spend day depending on what the doc says about hub's eye and if he orders more prescriptions.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Yep. Expense as expected.
no spend-0
spend-4

But today may be my first no spend. I decided to wait until tomorrow to get the lab work done. I can swing by and get a $3 car wash on Wednesday. Car hasn't had a wash in a long time. I can't wash it in the driveway because the dirt splashes right back up on it.